Thread: dnsblcount

Exclamation dnsblcount

Tried to do the following, and restart crond after, but aint getting any e-mails at all.. If I manually do
    /usr/local/bin/dnsblcount /var/log/zimbra.log | mail -s "$HOSTNAME - DNSBL Count" postmaster@example.com # <-- Change to your domain
    I get an e-mail, any ideas on what to check? Running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5

Configure logrotate to send daily results to postmaster
    Modify your zimbra logrotate file (/etc/logrotate.d/zimbra) to add a prerotate rule as follows:

/var/log/zimbra.log {
    daily
    missingok
    notifempty
    create 0644 zimbra zimbra
    prerotate
    /usr/local/bin/dnsblcount /var/log/zimbra.log | mail -s "$HOSTNAME - DNSBL Count" postmaster@example.com # <-- Change to your domain
    endscript
    postrotate
    killall -HUP syslogd 2> /dev/null || true
    kill -HUP `cat /opt/zimbra/log/swatch.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null || true
    kill -HUP `cat /opt/zimbra/log/logswatch.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null || true
    endscript
    compress
    }

Also is it possible to create a more spammy daily report? I would like to see successfull(or non-successfull) report from clamav updates for example.

**EDIT!**
    After a couple of days now, I see that the /var/log/zimbra.log is never rotated. The other logs are rotated as they should..
    Last edited by osiris; 02-11-2008 at 06:35 PM.