I did see the same thing myself with what looked like repeated loading and the mouse icon going whacky. I had my wireshark running on my PC during on of these incidents and it was not seeming to generate network traffic during the incident. It was almost like AJAX was stuck in a loop or something. I fixed the problem on my machine running Open SuSE Linux 10.3 by going to a new Java 1.5. I thought that fixed the problem, but it returned today for a bried period and left as quickly as it appeared.
Release 6.0.2_GA_1912.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition + Mobile Option
Activesync with Moto Q9C, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pro, & Palm Pre