Thread: Can not access admin console after 5.0.2 upgrade

Hybrid View

Default Can not access admin console after 5.0.2 upgrade

After reluctantly following the advice I received to first put 4.5.7 (the version of my old box) on my new machine before upgrading to 5.0.2, I have almost everything working but I can not get in to the admin console.

Here's an overview of what I did:

-Down old machine, rsync /opt/zimbra to external hard drive.
    -Install new machine, install.sh -s same version as was on old machine
    -rm -rf /opt/zimbra
    -rsync from external to /opt
    -./install.sh and "upgrade" to the same version once again
    -check that all is working properly (worked perfectly after fixing Samba/POSIX LDAP schemas)
    -zmcontrol stop
    -extract 5.0.2, ./install.sh, upgrade, blah blah blah...
    -check operation again, fix LDAP schemas again (after wasting a half hour before finding slapd.conf.in had been moved and the wiki not updated)
    -install samba and posix zimlets from command line

and here I am. Whenever I try to log on to the admin console, I get this puked out in my mailbox.log:

Code:
    2008-02-23 23:32:33,558 INFO  [btpool0-9] [name=sharlow@medinavoip.com;ip=10.0.1.160;ua=ZimbraWebClient - SAF (Mac);] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: unable to modify attrs: [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]
    Code:service.FAILURE
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:183)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrsInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:300)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrs(LdapProvisioning.java:268)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrs(LdapProvisioning.java:249)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.modifyAttrs(Provisioning.java:1473)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.ModifyAdminSavedSearches.handle(ModifyAdminSavedSearches.java:100)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.ModifyAdminSavedSearches.handle(ModifyAdminSavedSearches.java:60)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:342)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:208)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:113)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:272)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:174)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:716)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:406)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:176)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]; remaining name 'uid=sharlow,ou=people,dc=medinavoip,dc=com'
    	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3013)
    	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2951)
    	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2758)
    	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1441)
    	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:255)
    	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:172)
    	at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.modifyAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:153)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.modifyAttributes(LdapUtil.java:1260)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.modifyAttrs(LdapUtil.java:661)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrsInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:285)
    	... 35 more
    LDAP is working properly and I can even log on to the Samba boxes I have attached to it, I just can't admin the thing.

Since it seems to be operational I'm going to head home and go to sleep (been working on this upgrade for 10 hours, I can see command lines even when I close my eyes) but when morning comes around I'll be able to provide any files or logs needed.

Oh yea, for anyone who read my previous post about how to move this, I am using Ubuntu 6.06 now. I managed to fix the missing network driver, so for the first time ever I'm running on a supported OS.

Are you logging in as a domain admin? A bug was recently logged for this: Bug 24861 - DomainAdmin login fails with posixaccount/samba zimlets enabled
    Regards,

Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

"Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."

Quote Originally Posted by czaveri View Post
    Are you logging in as a domain admin? A bug was recently logged for this: Bug 24861 - DomainAdmin login fails with posixaccount/samba zimlets enabled
    No, my account is a full administrator.

I have encountered the domain admin bug in the past when I was still on 4.5.7, but the user I was trying to assign domain admin privs could just as easily have full admin, so I didn't think much of it.

My boss (who was the one I tried to give domain admin a few months back) is also a full admin and is locked out in the same way.

edit: also, I should have noted above that I was locked out like this even before deploying the POSIX/Samba Zimlets. I have never once seen the ZCS 5.0 admin console.

The rest works fine and my users are happy, so I'm not going to burn my remaining support incident on it just yet, but if I need to do something at the admin console it might come down to that.
    Last edited by wolrah; 02-25-2008 at 05:31 AM.

does this work without the samba/posix extensions?

i also see that you are a zimbra network customer. if the above works then could you please log a case? we can use the case as a reference and forward it to the developer who worked on this and log a new bug or extend the scope, if/as required.

pls let us know if it doesn't work even without the samba/posix extension.
    Regards,

Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

Quote Originally Posted by wolrah View Post
    The rest works fine and my users are happy, so I'm not going to burn my remaining support incident on it just yet, but if I need to do something at the admin console it might come down to that.
    it's generally not counted as an incident if it's a bug.
    Regards,

Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

Same thing even after pulling the zimbra_samba and zimbra_posixaccount addins and restarting the whole thing. I'm opening a case.

Code:
    zimbra@baal:~$ zmzimletctl undeploy zimbra_samba
    [] INFO: Undeploying on baal.medinavoip.com
    [] INFO: Undeploy initiated.  (check the servers mailbox.log for the status)
    zimbra@baal:~$ zmzimletctl undeploy zimbra_posixaccount
    [] INFO: Undeploying on baal.medinavoip.com
    [] INFO: Undeploy initiated.  (check the servers mailbox.log for the status)

Code:
    2008-02-25 08:30:27,365 INFO  [btpool0-7] [name=sharlow@medinavoip.com;ip=10.0.1.160;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF2.0 (Mac);] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: unable to modify attrs: [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:183)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrsInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:300)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrs(LdapProvisioning.java:268)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrs(LdapProvisioning.java:249)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.ModifyAdminSavedSearches.handle(ModifyAdminSavedSearches.java:100)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.ModifyAdminSavedSearches.handle(ModifyAdminSavedSearches.java:60)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:208)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]; remaining name 'uid=sharlow,ou=people,dc=medinavoip,dc=com'
    	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:255)
    	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:172)
    	at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.modifyAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:153)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrsInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:285)
    	... 35 more
    Last edited by wolrah; 02-25-2008 at 06:36 AM.

The plot thickens...

When any user tries to add a signature, we get a very similar error.
    edit: ANY SETTING CHANGES

Code:
    2008-02-25 09:04:49,115 INFO  [btpool0-0] [name=sharlow@medinavoip.com;ip=10.0.1.160;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF2.0 (Mac)/5.0.2_GA_1975.UBUNTU6;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapSignature.createAccountSignature(LdapSignature.java:135)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.createSignature(LdapProvisioning.java:4245)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.account.CreateSignature.handle(CreateSignature.java:65)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:199)
    	... 36 more
    Last edited by wolrah; 02-25-2008 at 07:12 AM.