After reluctantly following the advice I received to first put 4.5.7 (the version of my old box) on my new machine before upgrading to 5.0.2, I have almost everything working but I can not get in to the admin console.

Here's an overview of what I did:

-Down old machine, rsync /opt/zimbra to external hard drive.
-Install new machine, install.sh -s same version as was on old machine
-rm -rf /opt/zimbra
-rsync from external to /opt
-./install.sh and "upgrade" to the same version once again
-check that all is working properly (worked perfectly after fixing Samba/POSIX LDAP schemas)
-zmcontrol stop
-extract 5.0.2, ./install.sh, upgrade, blah blah blah...
-check operation again, fix LDAP schemas again (after wasting a half hour before finding slapd.conf.in had been moved and the wiki not updated)
-install samba and posix zimlets from command line

and here I am. Whenever I try to log on to the admin console, I get this puked out in my mailbox.log:

Code:
2008-02-23 23:32:33,558 INFO  [btpool0-9] [name=sharlow@medinavoip.com;ip=10.0.1.160;ua=ZimbraWebClient - SAF (Mac);] SoapEngine - handler exception
com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: unable to modify attrs: [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]
Code:service.FAILURE
	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:183)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrsInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:300)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrs(LdapProvisioning.java:268)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrs(LdapProvisioning.java:249)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.modifyAttrs(Provisioning.java:1473)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.ModifyAdminSavedSearches.handle(ModifyAdminSavedSearches.java:100)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.ModifyAdminSavedSearches.handle(ModifyAdminSavedSearches.java:60)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:342)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:208)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:113)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:272)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:174)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:716)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:406)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:176)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
Caused by: javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]; remaining name 'uid=sharlow,ou=people,dc=medinavoip,dc=com'
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3013)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2951)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2758)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1441)
	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:255)
	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:172)
	at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.modifyAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:153)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.modifyAttributes(LdapUtil.java:1260)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.modifyAttrs(LdapUtil.java:661)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modifyAttrsInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:285)
	... 35 more
LDAP is working properly and I can even log on to the Samba boxes I have attached to it, I just can't admin the thing.

Since it seems to be operational I'm going to head home and go to sleep (been working on this upgrade for 10 hours, I can see command lines even when I close my eyes) but when morning comes around I'll be able to provide any files or logs needed.

Oh yea, for anyone who read my previous post about how to move this, I am using Ubuntu 6.06 now. I managed to fix the missing network driver, so for the first time ever I'm running on a supported OS.