Thread: Cannot fetch external IMAP

Hybrid View

Default Cannot fetch external IMAP

I am running 5.0.2_GA_1975 on Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS. I updated to the latest security patches and the latest updates. This server is running in a VMWare VM with about 1.5GB of memory dedicated to the VM. I've Installed zimbra with pretty much all of the default options as far as I can tell. Everything is working great with the exception of fetching email from external IMAP accounts.

I've added a Gmail account to my accounts list. When I click the 'Test' button I get a 'success' message. But zimbra never makes an attempt to fetch the email. In my mailbox.log file I get the message:

2008-02-26 09:58:15,261 INFO  [btpool0-9] [;mid=3;ip=;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/5.0.2_GA_1975.UBUNTU6;] datasource - Testing DataSource: { id=TestId, type=imap, isEnabled=false, name=Test,, port=993, connectionType=ssl, username=gmailtest, folderId=-1 }
    2008-02-26 09:58:16,234 INFO  [btpool0-9] [;mid=3;ip=;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/5.0.2_GA_1975.UBUNTU6;] datasource - Test succeeded
    2008-02-26 09:58:17,826 INFO  [btpool0-9] [;mid=3;ip=;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/5.0.2_GA_1975.UBUNTU6;] mailbox - Created folder /Gmail, id=346
    This shows me that everything seems to be kosher. A check of my cos settings and account settings gives me the same thing for both:

zimbraDataSourceMinPollingInterval: 1m
    zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval: 1m
    zimbraFeatureMailPollingIntervalPreferenceEnabled: TRUE
    zimbraMailMinPollingInterval: 2m
    zimbraPrefMailPollingInterval: 5m
    I've tried clicking the "Get Mail" button but that doesn't work. I have tried adding other accounts but they also don't work. One thing I did do was set zimbra up on a Suse 10.3 machine, and that machine _will_ fetch external IMAP. So I think I must be missing something obvious.

I went through bugzilla but I could not find anything that seemed to address this. I did find a few posts on the forums that seemed promising, but the fixes didn't work.

I am probably doing something wrong since I am new to zimbra. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thatcher, AZ

When you hit Get Mail, does anything log to mailbox.log?

No it does not log anything.

I did check it on the working zimbra install I have on my suse machine, and that does not appear to log anything either, but the polling does work on that installation.

I think I found a fix though. Before I had the system-wide polling settings, then I tried setting the polling settings on my individual account. That still didn't seem to fix it.

This time I set the zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval on the specific datasource that was my external IMAP account and zimbra immediately started fetching my mail. The command I ran was:
    zmprov mds TestIMAP zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval 5m
    So maybe I was doing something wrong from the start. The weird thing is I don't remember having to do anything special on the Suse Zimbra install. That one just seemed to work with no intervention.