Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enabling DSPAM

I have no answer for you I just wanted to say that I have the exact same conditions... running 5.0.18 and I get the same thing when running zmtrainsa.
    Bill

I had the same issue and I got past this stage by doing -
    in /opt/bin/zmtrainsa, I changed
    --feature=chained,noise --stdout
    to
    --tokenizer=chain, noise --stdout
    (in the conf/spamd.cong, it seems to be Tokenizer chain as opposed to what I have seen on these forums, which is Tokenizer chained)
    In addition to the above, I changed
    conf/amavisd.conf as well as amavasd.conf.in from
    --tokenizer=chained, noise
    to
    --tokenizer=chain, noise

I think the above should take care of the 'No such feature' problem.

The problem is, even after I changed that, while I stopped getting the 'no such feature' error, I get this -
    20091026013342 Finished spamassassin spam training for user@domain.com using folder junk
    20091026013342 Starting dspam spam training for user@domain.com using folder junk

and then it just hangs until I manually kill it.

Any ideas?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by alainstd View Post
    Can someone explain to me how/if the zmtrainsa trainAccountFolder function works with dspam? If I make this call:
    Code:
    zmtrainsa alain spam junk
    dspam waits forever on stdin... Am I missing something?
    The point is, you don't need to do that. When an email is marked as Junk, either by you or the system, it is automatically moved to the Junk folder and a copy is moved to the system spam training account - a cron job runs that automatically uses the system spam account to train DSPAM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The point is, you don't need to do that. When an email is marked as Junk, either by you or the system, it is automatically moved to the Junk folder and a copy is moved to the system spam training account - a cron job runs that automatically uses the system spam account to train DSPAM.
    Well you are obviously right in that regard that it does not 'need' to be trained.
    But isn't the cron job exactly that (zmtrainsa) which would indicate that the same problem would occur when being run by the cron job

Thanks.

Default Same Problem

I had the same problem with the "no feature 'chained'" showing up and the changes recommended here seem to have eliminated that.

However, when I manually run the training, I get the same problem. It seems to just hang when trying out the DSPAM. It might be said that you don't need to run it manually, but at least for troubleshooting this still should work, right?

Any ideas on figuring out how to fix this? My initial install was with version 5 and now I'm on 6.03.

kazoo

It looks like dspam doesn't work at all now after upgrading to 6.0.4. Even after changing the owner from root to zimbra.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhbud View Post
    It looks like dspam doesn't work at all now after upgrading to 6.0.4. Even after changing the owner from root to zimbra.
    There are several bugs with enabling DSPAM in the current upgrade, check bugzilla for details.
    Regards

Bill

Yes, confirmed. After upgrade to 6.0.4 dspam stop working, even after changing the owner from root to zimbra.

In zimbra.log i have some error: spam_scan FAILED: DSPAM failed: DSPAM: error running program /opt/zimbra/dspam/bin/dspam: exit 1 at (eval 87) line 109, <GEN88> line 199. (in reply to end of DATA command))

and emails stucks in queue.
    After disabling dspam everthing works.

Edit:
    Changed the owner to root:root as in bugzilla Bug 43580 &ndash; DSPAM folder permissions reset during upgrade, same error in zimbra.log.

The only way I've ever been able to get dspam to work is to change the owner from root to zimbra, and that is also what I've read in the forums. After doing so now though I do get the same error as Babyporch. This is on a SLES 10 box by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhbud View Post
    The only way I've ever been able to get dspam to work is to change the owner from root to zimbra, and that is also what I've read in the forums. After doing so now though I do get the same error as Babyporch. This is on a SLES 10 box by the way.
    That's because there's a bug (mentioned above) which I filed earlier today, vote or add yourself to the cc list if you want to track it.
    Regards

Bill