Thread: Zimbra 5.02 Tasks?!?

Default Zimbra 5.02 Tasks?!?

Hi. I think I may have this wrong, but i read in one of your forums that task assignment will be launched with Zimbra 5. It took me while to get a new server to load Zimbra 5.02, with the thought that task assignment will work with Zimbra 5. Is there a lead time of when this might happen.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Depends what you mean by 'Task Assignment', the Tasks feature is in the current Zimbra on the Tasks tab. You can find the currently outstanding bugs here in bugzilla. If there's some feature you're looking for then an RFE filed in bugzilla would be the best option or some details of what you expect from 'Tasks'.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I was hoping that with Outlook 2003 I would be able to create and assign a task to another Zimbra user. This would enable us to track tasks assigned to other users. I did notice the Task tab in the web interface. It looks great but I expected it to do a bit more.

You can share the tasks with someone else. They can then assign you tasks. (or you set it up as admin etc) There is no method that I know of for a 'slave-driver' method to assign things to someone else without being given permission

Lightbulb Work flow functionality via assigned tasks

Quote Originally Posted by p24t View Post
    You can share the tasks with someone else. They can then assign you tasks. (or you set it up as admin etc) There is no method that I know of for a 'slave-driver' method to assign things to someone else without being given permission
    With Exchange, assigned tasks, rather than being a "slave driver" approach, were actually quite useful in facilitating work flow. A task that required multiple people to complete could be assigned to the first person on the list. That person could perform their part and assign it to the next person, and so on until completion.

I have been to Bugzilla and voted on this item, so we will see where it goes. Once it is in place, I will silence many of my co-workers critical of Zimbra vs. Exchange.