I'm after some info about Zimbra capabilities. I'll describe what I want to do, and if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.
What I want is similar to what Lotus Notes/Domino does, but I don't like Lotus Notes.
What I want to do is:
- Batch create records on the server (Appointments)
- Our roaming technicians can pick up the records via synchronization
- At each appointment, the technician can update the details about the appointment, either Offline or Online.
- Rules can be applied to ensure good data entry by the technicians
- These records can then be synchronized back to the server. If there are clashes (where the data has changed at both ends), there is some process to sort this out (With manual intervention presumably)
The format of these records are not plain documents, they should be forms, with fields to enter data in, that can later be exported in CSV, for example.
If Zimbra is not suitable for my needs, can anyone more knowledgeable in this area point me in the right direction?