Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra features don't work on Firefox

Question Zimbra features don't work on Firefox

When using Zimbra webmail and composing a message in HTML inserting a hyperlink (by copying and pasting) does not work when using the latest version of Firefox. Accessing the same Zimbra webmail using Internet Explorer and composing in HTML does allow one to insert hyperlinks. The hyperlink shows up as only text using Firefox, while it producing a real, functioning link when using Internet Explorer

When opening messages, consisting of text and images which exceed 3 megabytes using Zimbra webmail on the Firefox browser only one third of the message is properly displayed. The rest of the message consists of a large blackness. Opening the same message on the same website using Internet Explorer displays the entire message -- all the text and all the inserted images.

I sat down with two of the technicians who run the site and the chief administrator. All three of them encountered the same problem using different computers. They are all baffled. Firefox has the two glitches; Internet Explorer does not.

Any ideas???

Is this a Zimbra Desktop issue? If not, please move to the proper group. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums,
    Moved to administrators section for now - vrm3 could you please post your ZCS version?
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...html#post62754 (Directions on finding your zimbra version can also be found at that link.)

It was very tough to figure out which Zimbra group the question should be posted in. I took an educated guess and posted it in this one. If you have another group to suggest, Please let me know and I will repost it.

Don't worry about it - your ZCS version would be handy though

I've tried to find the ZCS version but it is nowhere to be found on the version of Zimbra running at our university. I know how to find the versions of all sorts of other software, but I've poked and clicked all over the Zimbra pages trying to find some reference to a version. It has to be very new because the university just recently installed it.

Main search bar of your AJAX (advanced) web-client:
    $set:get version

And just for good measure in case a bug needs to be filed: FF version?

Firefox/2.0.0.12

If you can fix these glitches it will make the whole university's OIT unit very happy!

On the receiving end, if link composed in AJAX it comes across as a link. If composed in HTML client it is not a working link.