Thread: CatchAll except for certain email addresses

Default CatchAll except for certain email addresses

We have been using always_bcc=maillog@domain, but now I need to exclude 4 email addresses from that. I know I could use the filters from the web interface, but I'm afraid of the users that are suppose to monitor the catchall account, disabling the rules and view the email from those 4 email addresses. Does anyone have any ideas?

So what I want to do is send all my from @domain.com to maillog@domain.com, except for user1@domain.com, user3@domain.com, user88@domain.com, user2@domain.com.

Can I do that? I'm using the open source version. 5.0.2. Thanks for your help.

Jason

How big is your user base? You could always set up the "Forwarding Address Hidden From User" feature on an address-by-address basis if you have a small user base. Not too helpful with a big one, of course.

But perhaps an easier way would be to create a dummy address--that no one checks--and always bcc everything to that address. Then go into that address through webmail, and set up a filter that processes the messages based on them NOT being from the specific users you want to exclude, and have the action on that filter be to forward them to the address(es) that actually read/store the messages.

Of course, you'll need to set the dummy address to delete messages after a day or two so they don't pile up, but I think this should work.

Cheers,

Dan

That isn't that bad of an idea. Not rock solid, but better then what I have now! Thanks for the suggestion.

May not even need to make a 2nd account besides your always_bcc=maillog@domain.com as there is a discard option in filters. But which ever search criteria you use to/from/cc/address in/whatever be sure it doesn't exclude people from your organization sending stuff to those addresses, or where they're copied on the email, etc.

Another
    option would be to put the people you do want mail copied for in sender_bcc_maps & recipient_bcc_maps. See: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...-accounts.html

I'm actually using the sender_recipient_maps now, I just have it like this:

@domain.com maillog@domain.com

How do I discard?

user1@domain.com discard? That didn't work for me. Thanks for all your help.