Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: mobile calender Internal Server Error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    9

    Question mobile calender Internal Server Error

    i'm getting:

    Internal Server Error
    The server has encountered an internal error.


    when i login to the mobile calender on one of my 5.04 (upgraded from 4.56) boxes, the second one works ok, any suggestions?

    TIA,
    p.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    9

    Exclamation beware of removing /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/*

    its caused by a missing:
    /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/zimbra/jsp/org/apache/jsp/tag/web/mobile/moAttachments_tag.class

    beware of removing /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/* to solve the ssh

    system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: zimbra.snp.org->zimbra@zimbra.snp.org:22}

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    477 Congress Street | Portland, ME 04101
    Posts
    1,374
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by padraig View Post
    its caused by a missing:
    /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/zimbra/jsp/org/apache/jsp/tag/web/mobile/moAttachments_tag.class

    beware of removing /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/* to solve the ssh

    system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: zimbra.snp.org->zimbra@zimbra.snp.org:22}
    Well, if you search the forums for "Internal Server Error" you'll see that doing an rm -rf /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/* is a recommended step in the fix.

    We are having this internal server error problem now with html clients after cleaning out the jetty work directory for another (java memory consumption) issue.

    I see in the logs the system complains about a missing dislayMessage_tag.class file

    How can this file be restored?

    Thanks,
    Mark

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Mark, if you have a backup the file is here
    Code:
    [zimbra@office tmp]$ find /opt/zimbra -name displayMessage_tag.class 2>/dev/null
    /opt/zimbra/jetty-6.1.5/work/zimbra/jsp/org/apache/jsp/tag/web/message/displayMessage_tag.class
    as long as you are on 5.0.4 as between releases could be a different jetty version!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Guys-
    JSP is a compiled at runtime programming language. This is different than PHP. PHP compiles on the fly, then sends back the compiled version to the browser.

    JSP compiles pages, stores them in the work directory as a cache incase another user calls it.

    If a file is missing from the work dir, it means that the jsp page isn't compiling correctly.

    So, the problem isn't really that the file is missing...it's missing because it's not getting compiled.

    Did you restart mailboxd? We had this issue back in 5.0.2

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    re:
    beware of removing /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/* to solve the ssh
    He's right in a sense. Removing the work dir wouldn't solve the ssh key mgmt issue..It doesn't hurt anything. If anything in the work dir is missing, the server will recompile it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    If a file is missing from the work dir, it means that the jsp page isn't compiling correctly.
    John, when a error message pops up in the logfiles for things like this, how can we help to debug it ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    John, when a error message pops up in the logfiles for things like this, how can we help to debug it ?
    That's the tricky part

    Stop mailbox
    clear work dir
    turn up debugging (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...-problems.html)
    start mailbox

    Look for the exception before the fnf error. It should give a compiling error. Let's see why it can't compile

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    477 Congress Street | Portland, ME 04101
    Posts
    1,374
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Mark, if you have a backup the file is here
    Code:
    [zimbra@office tmp]$ find /opt/zimbra -name displayMessage_tag.class 2>/dev/null
    /opt/zimbra/jetty-6.1.5/work/zimbra/jsp/org/apache/jsp/tag/web/message/displayMessage_tag.class
    as long as you are on 5.0.4 as between releases could be a different jetty version!
    Thanks Uxbod. I restored the missing class file from a backup, restarted the mailbox and now it works.

    Mark

    P.S. You may want to change:
    Code:
    [zimbra@office tmp]$ find /opt/zimbra -name displayMessage_tag.class 2>/dev/null
    to

    Code:
    [zimbra@office tmp]$ find /opt/zimbra/jetty -name displayMessage_tag.class 2>/dev/null
    to avoid searching the store and database directories, which on a production might take a while... :-)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LMStone View Post
    Thanks Uxbod. I restored the missing class file from a backup, restarted the mailbox and now it works.

    Mark

    P.S. You may want to change:
    Code:
    [zimbra@office tmp]$ find /opt/zimbra -name displayMessage_tag.class 2>/dev/null
    to

    Code:
    [zimbra@office tmp]$ find /opt/zimbra/jetty -name displayMessage_tag.class 2>/dev/null
    to avoid searching the store and database directories, which on a production might take a while... :-)
    BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

    You're addressing the symptom and not the problem. It's only a matter of time before the cache is cleared, and the compiling fails again
    BAD BAD BAD BAD

Similar Threads

  1. initializing ldap...FAILED(256)ERROR
    By manjunath in forum Installation
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 10:27 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
  3. need advice on configuring zimbra to work with fax server
    By pheonix1t in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
  4. Cannot determine services - exiting
    By tawas in forum Installation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 02:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •