Thread: Departmental Calendars

Default Departmental Calendars

I was attempting to have an account manage all departmental calendars. The account named calshare sends out messages to share the departments calendar. I have that working. When I grant somebody complete access to the calendar, they can't share out the Calendar to other people. So all share requests would have to keep coming to me.

Is there a way to get around this or a better way to manage or migrate a departments calendars? I was doing this process to deal with people who own a departments calendar and then leave the organization.

If you want the department heads to manage the share rights to a calender then you should probably create an account for each department. Another option (and what we have implemented here) is to create a distribution list for each department. You can then share the calender with the distribution list and all members of the list will have rights to access the calender. This way if the department has changes in employees you can just change the list. The only issue with this approach is users added to the list later have no way of discovering shares available to them. Bug 7473 - Share management and discovery . Another thing to look into is http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...html#post82426 . I have yet to test this myself but it appears that you can add a shared calender from the command line.

Thanks for the reply. Those sound like great things to try.

Hurstel