Thread: Re: Zimbra Starter Edition

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Cool Re: Zimbra Starter Edition

Hi Zimbra

Thanks for listening to people and producing this edition, I'm sure it will be very well received. Please please reconsider however and allow mobile - I would consider the connectors to be more of an enterprise thing than mobile - and when you were soliciting opinions on this matter quite a few people asked for mobile. I'm sure a lot of people would buy it solely for mobile but not for the other things - certainly I would have got my credit card out in 2 seconds had this been the case.

Personally I'd rather see Mobile than the connectors. For a small business, they're more likely to want their cell phones to work than have that worthless Outlook program on their computers.

I have to agree. The webmail client is so good that outlook is of limited value for most users.

I'm sure there is some benefit to using outlook over the webclient, but I think mobile access would be of more value.

Each to their own of course, this is a new license model for Zimbra and it's good to see. It's possible that another new license may be released that offers a slightly different mix of options in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I have to agree. The webmail client is so good that outlook is of limited value for most users.

I'm sure there is some benefit to using outlook over the webclient, but I think mobile access would be of more value.

Each to their own of course, this is a new license model for Zimbra and it's good to see. It's possible that another new license may be released that offers a slightly different mix of options in the future.
    The main reason I use outlook is because I have a connector that goes to Goldmine and sync's up my email into my contacts database. Sometimes you have to use outlook in situations like this.