Thread: Change spell checker URL

Hybrid View

Default Change spell checker URL

I have setup the OS version of Zimbra and all seems to be running fine.
    One thing that would be nice is if I could get the spell checker working outside my firewall without having to open port 7780. I can achieve this through the use of Apache and mod_proxy but in order to do so I need to instuct the Zimbra webapp to publish a different url for the spellchecker than the installed default.

Is there a simple way of changing the url that the Zimbra web interface uses?
    What I would like to do is change the default spellchecker url to one that points to my external facing Apache box. This way I can setup Apache to proxy the Zimbra spell checker out to the Internet on port 80.
    In theory it is probably one line in one of the webapp configuration files but I cannot find reference to it.

Regards,

David

Default zmprov

Quote Originally Posted by paintbuoy
    I have setup the OS version of Zimbra and all seems to be running fine.
    One thing that would be nice is if I could get the spell checker working outside my firewall without having to open port 7780. I can achieve this through the use of Apache and mod_proxy but in order to do so I need to instuct the Zimbra webapp to publish a different url for the spellchecker than the installed default.

Is there a simple way of changing the url that the Zimbra web interface uses?
    What I would like to do is change the default spellchecker url to one that points to my external facing Apache box. This way I can setup Apache to proxy the Zimbra spell checker out to the Internet on port 80.
    In theory it is probably one line in one of the webapp configuration files but I cannot find reference to it.

Regards,

David
    zmprov ms <servername> zimbraSpellCheckURL <new_url>
    tomcat stop, tomcat start