Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NE Theme Problem With Changed Logo Files

Default NE Theme Problem With Changed Logo Files

We have a custom theme called "tarnation" that we have deployed using zmskindeploy, having created the "tarnation" skin directory under /tmp to avoid the can't-deploy-from-skins-directory problem. The only difference between this theme and Sand are the two custom logos we created and put in the "logos" directory before deploying the skin.

Other than the "can't find img" problem which we understand to be benign, zmskindeploy gave no other error messages, the skin name appears in the drop-downs, and if I select it in my Preferences, I get the different logos in two the available four places.

Under ZCS 4.5.x, to get the custom logo for the welcome login screen, one needed only to append "?skin=tarnation" to the initial login URL entered in the browser.

Problem #1: This technique doesn't work for us now under ZCS 5.0.4 and the user when loading their login screen gets the default logo (even with the modified URL).

Once a user enters their login credentials, the splash screen identifies the correct logo file, and once login completes, the correct smaller logo file appears as well.

Problem #2: But, once the logout process is complete, the custom logo is again replaced with the default logo, and we'd like this not to happen either.

I'm not seeing anything in the ZWC 5.0 Themes article about this particular problem.

BTW, we restarted the mailbox (no joy), so we stopped zimbra and cleaned out the contents of ~/jetty/work before doing a zmcontrol start.

I'm guessing I'm missing something new (and probably embarrassingly simple) in ZCS 5.0, but after too many hours at this, I'm asking for help, please.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Mark

Wonder if it could be something to do with Bug 26312 - not all skins inherit logoURL from _base (lemongrass and waves) ? Certainly couldn't see anything else in Bugzilla, so perhaps it is a configuration issue.

If you want to override LoginBanner.png and AppBanner.png for *all* users on the system, replace them in /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/ and disable the more experimental skins: lemongrass, waves, hotrod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Graves View Post
    If you want to override LoginBanner.png and AppBanner.png for *all* users on the system, replace them in /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/ and disable the more experimental skins: lemongrass, waves, hotrod.
    Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply.

We do indeed want a majority of users to get our custom logo (same as our signature here) regardless of the skin they are using.

But, for a group of users in one COS, we want them to have an entirely different set of logos.

Under 4.5, we got them to see their custom logo on the login screen by appending "?skin=tarnation" to the login URL, and then distributing that URL as a shortcut on their Desktops.

Under 5.0, that trick doesn't work anymore, so the users see the wrong logo until they log in.

The short-lived splash screen displays the correct logo for users in that COS, and once the ZCS UI fully paints the correct logo in the upper left is also displayed properly. But once they log out, the post-logout screen then again displays the "wrong" logo.

It's as if under ZCS 5 each of those four logo-displaying screens reloads the png files from the server afresh, whereas under 4.5, the png files I think were cached by the browser and rarely reloaded from the server--making for a more consistent logo experience under 4.5 than under 5.0.

I'll add myself and this use case to the bug report, but if you have any ideas in the interim, that would be appreciated (feel free to vote for the bug too!).

Perhaps there is a different way to accomplish what we want to do here?

Thanks!
    Mark

Thanks Mike!

I just added my email to the cc list and voted for both bugs.

All the best,
    Mark

Default solved

skins per domain or global problem is solved within release 5.0.9.
    example:
    zmprov md "mailtest.testdomain.ch" zimbraSkinSecondaryColor "#cfe2ff"
    zmprov md "mailtest.testdomain.ch" zimbraSkinBackgroundColor "#f2f2f2"
    zmprov md "mailtest.testdomain.ch" zimbraSkinSelectionColor "#ebf0ff"
    zmprov md "mailtest.testdomain.ch" zimbraSkinLogoAppBanner "/zimbra/skins/skinname/logos/AppBanner.png"
    zmcontrol stop && zmcontrol start

I've just tried on two different domains (on the same RHEL4 64bits 5.0.11 server) to change the zimbraSkinLogoAppBanner and zimbraSkinLogoURL.

I can see the correct informations in the admin WebUI and in zmprov :
    Code:
    $ zmprov gd zimbra-demo.network-studio.com |grep SkinLogo
    zimbraSkinLogoAppBanner: /zimbra/skins/_base/logos/logo120x35.png
    zimbraSkinLogoURL: http://www.network-studio.com/
    However, after I stop zmmailbox (and delete the content /opt/zimbra/jetty/work) and start zmmailbox, I get nothing.

Well, actually I'm getting the default LogoApp (Zimbra logo) and the default LogoURL (to Zimbra's website).

I've tried to change my user skin (sand, bare, etc) but no luck either.
    Tried with another browser and after cache clearing, same issue.

Is this a 5.0.11 bug or is there stg I'm missing ?

You also have to set:
    zmprov md domain.com zimbraVirtualHostname `zmhostname`
    (backticks or fill in specific without backticks)

Branding Guide (I'll file a bug to note it in there.)
    Last edited by mmorse; 02-24-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added link to branding guide

With zimbraVirtualHostname set, it works.
    Thanks !

Tomorrow I'll try for other domains using the same Virtual Hostname 8)