Thread: Maximum number of attachments

Default Maximum number of attachments

Hi all

I tried some search on the forum but couldn't find anything relevant.

Is there a limit on the number of attachments we can add to a single message? I asking this because i'm limited to 10 attachments/message. Is is the max? That can be changed? I would really need to increase this number. I hope i'm not missing some obscure setting in the admin interface

Zimbra version is zcs-5.0.2_GA_1975.RHEL5_64.20080130223104

Thanks for your help.

I just added 12 with no problem. Did you click on the scroll bar on the attachment upload windows ?

Yup, I've never tested it before but there does seem to be a maximum of ten attachments per message. I'm pretty sure there isn't a setting on the Admin pages to change this, but there may be a 'zmprov' command that you can run, although I don't know it offhand. As an alternative, you can always zip up the files first and then just send as one attachment. Keep in mind that most servers have some type of message size limit as well.

I just added 12 with no problem. Did you click on the scroll bar on the attachment upload windows ?
    Just saw this reply right after I sent mine. Actually what I'm seeing is that if you open the add attachment window you can attach up to 10 files at one time. However, if you close out of the attach window by clicking on "Attach" and then click "Add Attachment" again it will let you add more.

I added all mine from the same window. Just scrolled down and clicked on "Add more attachments"

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    I added all mine from the same window. Just scrolled down and clicked on "Add more attachments"
    I think we all did that uboxd. Itīs strange you can add more than 10 per message. But the score countīs against you neither me or soxfan were able to add more just by clicking "Add more attachments". In my case, when it reaches ten, it has no effect clicking that button. I also noticied that at the HTML interface the number is also limited to 10.

I donīt know what you did uboxd to add more than ten attachments, but you could give away your secret, donīt you

By the time, Iīll follow soxfan suggestion as a workaround.

Thanks a lot you guys.

Counting was never my best subject will name some individual files and try it again ... I have been wrong before, well quite a few times to be honest