Thread: Minor problems after instalation

Default Minor problems after instalation

Hello all,

My first post, and am i new to the forum, so if this is a really easy question please forgive me.

I just installed zcs but i am needing of 2 more funcionalities to make my setup perfect. They are:

1. How can i create an email account that can only send/recieve mail to/from its own domain?

2. How can i create as admin, an address book to be shared by all users of a particular domain?

Thanks a lot for any help.
    Last edited by cyrofilho; 04-17-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrofilho View Post
    Hello all,

My first post, and am i new to the forum, so if this is a really easy question please forgive me.
    No apologies are necessary. Welcome to the forum!

1. How can i create an email account that can only send/recieve mail to/from its own domain?
    This wiki may help you on that front:
    RestrictPostfixRecipients - Zimbra :: Wiki

2. How can i create as admin, an address book to be shared by all users of a particular domain?
    Well, your GAL is that, sort of, but it is only for addresses that are actually hosted on your Zimbra server. If you're talking about a shared address book that includes people from the outside world (other than distribution lists) it's new with version 5, although I can't find anything on it in the documentation yet. This screenshot may give you a bit of a clue.
    Cheers,

Dan

Hi cyrofilho, welcome to the forums

Sharing address book - The screenshot that dwmtractor linked to is the web client method of sharing items, yes; although it is not ideal. I believe it emails the users and ask them to add the shared item before they will see it in their web client GUI. Users can choose to ignore this and it is also an extra step they must take. If you want this to happen automatically for your users, some scripting is required. More threads on similar bulk-sharing - principal is the same for contacts, calendars, documents etc:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...tacts-etc.html
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...f-members.html

Don't forget to vote on the bugs mentioned in the above threads to show Zimbra how much we'd really like more advanced sharing and discovery features

The main command you will be using is zmmailbox and createMountPoint; so in theory you would, as admin:

1. Create the address book
    2. Share it via GUI - but don't send any messages to the users. This will have the effect of giving the users permission to read the address book - they just can't see it yet
    3. Run your zmmailbox createMointPoint command script for all your target users to create the address book folder in their mailboxes and then link it to the one we created in (1). This will now show the shared address book in (2) in their GUI.