I have a Zimbra server that I migrated to ESX server. When I did the migration I messed up and only alloted 256MB to the VM at the time of migration. since then I have upped the RAM allotment to 1GB. I only have 28 mailboxes on the server.
The problem I'm having is high swap file usage with lots of memory still available. Normally, I have about 490MB free in main memory and there is a little over 500MB of swap used. When I restart zimbra the swap goes down to around 10MB for a few minutes and then its back up to 500MB used.
I found that the MySQL server was only set to use about 10% of memory and so I readjusted it to use 40%.
I'm wondering what else might need to be adjusted to allow for the higher memory actually available or if there's something else I can do to allow/force Zimbra to use more real memory.