Thread: Invites and .ics files auto-populate in calendar

Default Invites and .ics files auto-populate in calendar

Is there any way to suppress the behavior of Zimbra to automatically place events from incoming e-mail that has .ics attachments in the user's calendar?

Also, is there a way to toggle invitations as public or private?

Presently, we're trying to share our calendars with a few calendar managers, but the pepperings of unsolicited invites that show in the calendar drives the managers crazy. Short of creating a secondary calendar and sharing it with the managers (thus allowing the default Zimbra calendar instance to receive and display all the invites), is there a way to deal with these? Maybe a way to turn off this auto-populate behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by nsmarler View Post
    Is there any way to suppress the behavior of Zimbra to automatically place events from incoming e-mail that has .ics attachments in the user's calendar?
    Looks like in the admin interface you can change this under the appropriate COS. However, before I do that myself, I'm just wondering why the default is to automatically populate calendar items into one's calendar? Seems like this could get messy.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh wait. One cannot set the default value for Automatically add received appointments to calendar. This can be changed in one's personal Preferences, but I don't see where the default can be set to off for this....