Thread: Calendar Sharing

Default Calendar Sharing

I'm trying to get calendar sharing working. The end state is to get it working on the outlook connector, but i can't even get it to work through the zimbra web client.

Searching the forums and wiki i wasn't able to find any howto's. This should be simple, but it's not working.

So - user1@domain.com creates a new calendar. on properties clicks Add share, internal users or groups, manager, clicks OK.

user2@domain.com clicks new calendar, gives it a name, and enters the URL in "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar". It's treated as a read only calendar - i'm not able to write to it. Also - updates do not appear until i right click on it and hit reload.

Half the time i can add the calendar, and the other half it says URL unreachable.

Is there a better way to be doing this?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Version 4.5.9_GA_1454.RHEL5 Oct 16, 2007

If both of these are Zimbra calendars - leave the drop down on send the standard email message when user 1 share's the calendar, user 2 can just hit the accept button at the top of the share notice email (when in the web-client).

Thanks Mike - that works great in the web client. I accepted the request and the sharing works OK.

How can i get this functionality for my Outlook users? The accepted calendar works great on the web-client, but it doesn't show up in outlook (like the native calendars do).

[On a side note when looking through my GAL it only has the admin, postmaster, and root accounts. Shouldn't it auto-add users when i create them?]

In Outlook user2 has to open the mailbox of user1.
    Then, after synching, all shared folders, calendars and contacts should be visible in their respective places.

Chris

I am unable to open user1's mailbox as that user doesn't appear in the GAL. If i type it in manually i receive the error:

"A mailbox cannot delegate to itself"

Any ideas?

Have you selected that the user should not be visible in the GAL?
    Can you see him from the web frontend?
    Do you have an external GAL configured? I remember that there was a problem with external GALs and sharing calendars in Outlook. But that is some time ago and I did not check for some time.

Christian

Thanks for the reply. I have not hid the user from the GAL, and i'm not using an external GAL.

It's a server with multiple domains. I always assumed that each domain would have it's own GAL, and every time i added a user they would appear in the GAL.

Should this be the case? The default user is the only one who appears in the GAL. Is there a way i can manually manipulate the GAL?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Anybody ran across this?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpaz View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have not hid the user from the GAL, and i'm not using an external GAL.
    It's a server with multiple domains. I always assumed that each domain would have it's own GAL, and every time i added a user they would appear in the GAL.
    Should this be the case? The default user is the only one who appears in the GAL. Is there a way i can manually manipulate the GAL?
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    Same problem -- multiply domains, user1 from domain A share calendar&task with user2 from domain B. At the web-client everything work nice, but in Outlook user2 can't connect to user1 zimbra mailbox, because user1 doesn't exists in user2 GAL. Manual contact creation or LDAP usage of address book doesn't solve the problem.
    How problem can be solved?