Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Slight problem after upgrade to 5.0.5, any ideas?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Slight problem after upgrade to 5.0.5, any ideas?

    I upgraded to 5.0.5 yesterday. All users are operating fine except one... Isn't it always the way. Whenever this user clicks anything in the advanced client, an error box pops up... here is what it contains...

    Code:
    method: AjxRpc.prototype._invoke
    detail: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x805e000a [nsIXMLHttpRequest.open]" nsresult: "0x805e000a ()" location: "JS frame :: http://my.email.server/zimbra/js/Startup1_1_all.js.zgz?v=080417005210 :: anonymous :: line 503" data: no]...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Probably a bad Zimlet. Can you install firebug and look for more info? Any customized zimlets? It couldn't hurt to undeploy them and reinstall them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I tried undeploying and redeploying all zimlets, there are no custom zimlets. Still no dice.

    The exception that Firebug catches is:

    uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property HTMLDivElement.tagName

    Clicking on the 'Get Mail' button or trying to switch into another mail folder causes this error to occur.



    Thanks for helping, jholder.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    After searching a bit, I found there is a bug associated with this error message, but it doesn't seem to be the same steps to reproduce...

    In my Zimbra webclient, I don't get the error, and I have auto-complete disabled...

    Any other ideas for things to try are welcomed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    There is Bug 26987 - Permission denied to get property HTMLDivElement.tagName but that was opened for GAL problems in autocomplete and the to/cc/bcc buttons (fullName issues Re: Bug 24713 - Ajax UI does not find object users in External GAL HTML UI works fine & Bug 27428 - Compose: clicking on To with an empty field gives JavaScript Error) & I kinda seem to remember DivElement error itself being related to a FF bug with input fields.

    Can you append ?dev=1 to the end of the url and try to login (give it a minute it takes a while) and get some request/responses? Web Client URL Tricks - Zimbra :: Wiki

    Let's get some more mailbox.log output for that account:
    zmprov aal user@domain.com zimbra.soap debug

    Could you list all the browser version's you've tried with?
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-28-2008 at 01:05 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Alright, I'll get back after trying some of these things.

    Her account works fine in my web browser, so I am pretty sure it's something in her FF install that's hosing things up. I will play with it as soon as I can get access to her computer, and let you know.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem after upgrade to 5.0
    By bmannella in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 01:35 AM
  2. [SOLVED] Upgraded to 5.0 OSS - Sendmail Problem
    By Chewie71 in forum Installation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
  3. upgrade problem
    By skak in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 01:56 AM
  4. 4.01 to 4.02 upgrade problem (with solution)
    By criley in forum Migration
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 12:36 AM
  5. 3.1.3OS Upgrade Problem
    By mcevoys in forum Installation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 10:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •