Thread: Domain Literal

Default Domain Literal

I need a server to accept mail at a domain literal (or IP literal) address. For example, kevin@[10.3.1.1]

I can't seem to find any reference at all to domain literal info in the docs,wiki or forum...if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

As it is, mail is bounced back with the error "unknown user: kevin". Single domain setup.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

Welcome to the forums

Out of interest why would you want to do this anyway ? Perhaps another solution is available if we can understand the rationale.

Thanks.

Server is being tested at a site where I have no control over the network infrastructure. Nor do I have control over the mail gateway in place. Mail is being sent to the server as kevin@[10.3.1.1] from the edge device. In an attempt to be as unobtrusive as possible I thought it easier to work with what was given to me.

Any ideas? Seems like it should be possible - receiving mail at domain literal addresses is a requirement of any mail server. If not, I'll look for an alternative scenario. Thanks in advance.....