Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "ERROR" zmmailboxdctl is not running

Well dmesg is showing
    Code:
    3w-9xxx: scsi0: AEN: WARNING (0x04:0x000F): SMART threshold exceeded:port=3
    so you may potentially have a drive failing or about to fail on your 3Ware RAID card. Do you have the 3Ware tools installed ?

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Well dmesg is showing
    Code:
    3w-9xxx: scsi0: AEN: WARNING (0x04:0x000F): SMART threshold exceeded:port=3
    so you may potentially have a drive failing or about to fail on your 3Ware RAID card. Do you have the 3Ware tools installed ?
    Look . ( 3ware tools )

Unit UnitType Status %Cmpl Port Stripe Size(GB) Blocks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    u0 RAID-5 DEGRADED* - - 64K 1629.74 3417817088
    u0-0 DISK OK - p7 - 232.82 488259584
    u0-1 DISK OK - p6 - 232.82 488259584
    u0-2 DISK OK - p5 - 232.82 488259584
    u0-3 DISK OK - p4 - 232.82 488259584
    u0-4 DISK DEGRADED - p3 - 232.82 488259584
    u0-5 DISK OK - p2 - 232.82 488259584
    u0-6 DISK OK - p1 - 232.82 488259584
    u0-7 DISK OK - p0 - 232.82 488259584
    u0/v0 Volume - - - - 1629.74 3417817088

Hmmm, u0-4 does not look to go but the RAID level should protect your storage anyway. It may be worth performing a backup and then run a fsck on your volumes. When was the server last rebooted ?

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Hmmm, u0-4 does not look to go but the RAID level should protect your storage anyway. It may be worth performing a backup and then run a fsck on your volumes. When was the server last rebooted ?
    OK.
    A backup of the server with rsync delay 2 days.
    The last reboot that was done was yesterday afternoon.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
    1.6T 1.4T 169G 89% /
    /dev/sda1 99M 47M 48M 50% /boot
    none 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm

Unhappy Please help me and all Zmail users!!

Can some one help Olibite to solve the Zmail problems?
    I'm a Zmail user and I'm paying for the service, but the service is down for some days...

Now a "private message to Olibite":
    Can you please use ZMAIL.pt - O seu Servidor de Correio Electrónico to give some feedback about the Zmail problem?

Obrigado,
    jmsantos(at)zmail.pt (when it works!)

Zimbra Employee, Zimbra Moderator please help's olibite. I'm a Zmail user and i need my e-mail back.

The Zmail community need help to put this big community online!

I'm pround to use ZMAIL and the Zimbra Webmail every day!

Hi guys. We're sorry that your service has been down. We're even more sorry that zmail.pt has taken your money and not invested it in a license for Zimbra Network Edition.

Had the proprietors of the company (zmail.pt) invested in an agreement, Zimbra support would have had you up and running in a few hours. To this date, his organization refuses to sign the agreement and pay the investment. Thus, you're left with forums, no e-mail, and an administrator who refuses to put the best interest of his customers first.

In the mean time, may I suggest using one of our many certified hosting providers who would be happy to help you out? These providers are well established, and are high quality. They have good support, and many more advanced features that you will love.

http://www.zimbra.com/partners/zimbra_hosting.html

Many of the admins who run those companies are well established forum members, and actually know what they are doing.

Once again, we're very sorry for your downtime, and we hope that you will choose a vendor who has your best interest in mind.

All the very best,
    John

(By the way, olibite: I don't see your log files. You may want to post /var/log/zimbra.log /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out)

A zmail.pt user writes to ask:
    "Well, i'm a Zmail user and i would like to know if Zimbra Hosting Providers has the same thing of zmail ( 10GB of storage ) because zmail offer this.

I have one question how much Zmail pay to have Zimbra?"

That's up to the hosting provider. Feel free to post in this thread an ask a hosting provider to contact you to work out a deal. You wouldn't pay Zimbra anything. You'd pay the hosting provider a small fee.

Additionally, depending on how you connect to your old zmail.pt account, it might be possible for the hosting provider recover some of your mail (not a promise).

I would suggest contacting them from the page I linked to above. Tell them about this thread, and say that Jholder sent ya

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    A zmail.pt user writes to ask:
    I have one question how much Zmail pay to have Zimbra?"
    To explain that point a little more:
    Zmail.pt uses the Free Open Source Edition, which does not have continuous/hot backups built-in (Compare ZCS Editions)

Not having backups on either version shouldn't be an excuse, as there are plenty of community contributed methods in: Open Source Edition Backup Procedure - Zimbra :: Wiki

Step 1 in major situations like this is to take a backup of what you have, so that you accidentally dig a deeper hole trying to fix.

For instance in this thread http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...ghostname.html it seems they're trying to move the logger from srv2 to srv1 in the mist of srv1 having it's mailboxd down and are just creating more problems.
    No clue why they're trying this, as you can run without logger & just disable it as it's not 'critical'; while it is nice to know what's going on when you're having trouble, it doesn't explain why move it from the working server to the down server - it can run only on one mailstore at a time anyways.

However the backup method he's chosen isn't exactly perfect for so many users:
    Quote Originally Posted by olibite View Post
    A backup of the server with rsync delay 2 days.
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
    1.6T 1.4T 169G 89% /
    Getting another machine setup to handle at least your new mail (even doing it as a Split Domain - Zimbra :: Wiki) is a temp solution, then doing some imapsync from temp> srv1 once you get srv1 online to bring in the interm mail.

Or worse case scenario recovery of at least the messages from /opt/zimbra/store (or whatever location) without meta-data (folder structure/tags/flags/read status etc): http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...html#post64962

As long as srv1 isn't wiped the mail is still at least intact, and most of the incoming mail is probably still queued on his 2 MTA's (I hope by now he's moved mails for the affected users from the 'differed queue' to the 'hold' queue). However there's also a failing disk that needs to be addressed soon as well...

Portuguese Translation of John's prior post (Brazil locale not Portugal but as close as I can get right now).

---------------------------
    Olá pessoal. Nós sentimos muito que o serviço de vocês esteja indisponível. Nós sentimos mais ainda que a companhia zmail.pt tenha pego seu dinheiro e não tenha investido em uma licença do Zimbra Network Edition.

Se os proprietários da companhia (zmail.pt) tivessem investido em um contrato, o suporte do Zimbra teria resolvido o problema de vocês em poucas horas. Até a presente data, a referida companhia se recusa a assinar o contrato e pagar o investimento. Desta maneira, acaba restando à vocês apenas os fóruns, a ausência do serviço de e-mail, e um administrador que se recusa a colocar os interesses de seus clientes em primeiro lugar.

Enquanto isto, sugiro a vocês que utilizem um de nossos muitos provedores de hospedagem certificados, que ficariam felizes em ajudá-los. Estes provedores são empresas bem estabelecidas e extremamente competentes. Eles têm bom suporte e vários recursos avançados que vocês irão adorar.

http://www.zimbra.com/partners/zimbra_hosting.html

Muitos dos administradores destas empresas são membros sérios do fórum, que realmente sabem o que estão fazendo.

Novamente, nós realmente sentimos muito pelo tempo que vocês estão sem o serviço, e esperamos que vocês escolham um parceiro que tenha os interesses de vocês em mente.

Atenciosamente,
    John

(A propósito, olibite: não vejo seus logs. Talvez você queira postar os arquivos /var/log/zimbra.log, /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log e /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out)
    Last edited by mmorse; 05-08-2008 at 08:09 PM.