Thread: suggestions for best way to have dynamic document

Default suggestions for best way to have dynamic document

We have an account as a central storage for our project e-mails. we have hundreds of projects. the account has a folder Projects and under that is each project name.

We figured instead of having users link to the shared account folder Projects and having hundreds of folders to navigate through, we'd have them just link to Projects/Projectname for each project they work on.

So what we need is a page that basicly show each project name like this

Project/This Project
    Project/That Project

so they can copy/paste that into a link to shared folder window. I don't really want to have to create this manually (hundreds of projects initially), or even worry about updating it manually as new projects are added.

I could code something to get the list, but I'm not sure how to display it. Is there a way to script the update of a wiki page under Documents that I could setup a cron job to update it nightly?

How about creating a saved search with the shared project folder as the only criteria.

No good for copying into though

I don't really want to search the messages. Say I'm working on a project called "West Side Rehab" I want to be able to go to the folders, right click and say link to shared folder with the path

/Projects/West Side Rehab

But I may not know what the folder is called. So I need a page under the Documents that lists all the folders under Projects that I can look at and even copy/paste the path from.

I could get the list easily, like with zmmailbox gaf and parse the data. I just don't know how to update a wiki page under the Documents from a command line script. My other option I guess is to maybe run apache on the same box and just have a page displayed that way.