Thread: Shared mailboxes : How to create a public shared mailboxes

Default Shared mailboxes : How to create a public shared mailboxes

Hi,

I wanted to create a Public shared mailbox for a Domain to allow everyone to read messages inside but it's grayed in the GUI.
    Any ideas ?

You can create a diffusion list and share your folder with the list.

Quote Originally Posted by tdesorbaix View Post
    You can create a diffusion list and share your folder with the list.
    Hi,

yes I know.
    I created an account for the domain. In the domain mail tab I created several folders with filters associated to automatically put mail sent to the domain inside. Then I added the mail domain address to several distribution lists. People can subscribe to these mailboxes to see all messages sent to distribution lists and answer if they want.
    I dont want to add each account manually to the share properties of those mailboxes. If i put user accounts into distribution lists they all get access to thoses mailboxes but receive all mails also and it's what I'm trying to stop.
    I know I could create distribution lists only for access privileges and designate these lists for mailboxes access. If I could activate public access I would have a way to create a sort of public forums.

Is there a particular reason to not enable all usual shared properties for malboxes ? They are all activated in other tabs...

There's currently no rest or html public view of the mail folders so it was really misleading people - you'll have to use CLI to share with the public.

Bug 18513 - Remove "external" and "public" options from the folder share dialog was opened as a temp solution from that because the 500 errors we're just confusing users.

That currently makes it difficult to share rss feeds of mail folders, but it's a tradeoff.
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/users/1...ed-emails.html
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...x-webmail.html (trick while we waited for shared mail folders)

Be sure to vote for / support ticket tag / cc watch this RFE: Bug 16063 - Sharing Mail folder to External Guests/Public

Back on topic - so via CLI:
    zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com modifyFolderGrant /Folder public

Though you might prefer to just keep it among ZCS users:
    zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com modifyFolderGrant /Folder all r

(There's also group or domain.)

You could do any of the following [account <name> |group <name> |domain <name> |all |public| guest <email> <password>] followed by the permissions like r, rw, rwix, rwixd, rwixda, none, etc.

(r)ead - search, view overviews and items
    (w)rite - edit drafts/contacts/notes, set flags
    (i)nsert - copy/add to directory, create subfolders
    action (x) - workflow actions, like accepting appointments
    (d)elete - delete items and subfolders, set \Deleted flag
    (a)dminister - delegate admin and change permissions

r = viewer rights
    rwixd = manager rights

SOAP:
    <folder id="{folder-id}" name="{folder-name}" l="{parent-id}" [f="{flags}"] [color="{color}"] u="{unread}" n="{msg-count}" s="{total-size}" [view="{default-type}"] [url="{remote-url}"] [perm="{effective-perms}"] [rest="{rest-url}"]> [<acl> <grant perm="{rights}" gt="{grantee-type}" zid="{zimbra-id}" d="{grantee-name}" [args="{args}"]/>* </acl>]
    </folder>

{folder-name} = name of folder; max length 128; whitespace is trimmed by server;
    cannot contain ':', '"', '/', or any character below 0x20
    {parent-id} = id of parent folder (absent for root folder)
    {flags} = checked in UI (#), exclude free/(b)usy info, IMAP subscribed (*), does not (i)nherit rights from parent
    {color} = numeric; range 0-127; defaults to 0 if not present; client can display only 0-7
    {unread} = number of unread messages in folder
    {msg-count} = number of non-subfolder items in folder
    {total-size} = total size of all of non-subfolder items in folder
    {default-type} = (optional) default type for the folder; used by web client to decide which view to use;
    possible values are the same as <SearchRequest>'s {types}: conversation|message|contact|etc
    {remote-url} = url (RSS, iCal, etc.) this folder syncs its contents to
    {rest-url} = url to the folder on rest interface for rest-enabled apps (such as wiki and notebook)
    {effective-perms} = for remote folders, the access rights the authenticated user has on the folder - will contain the calculated (c)reate folder permission if the user has both (i)nsert and (r)ead access on the folder

Folders can have an optional ACL set on them for sharing. If they do (and the authenticated user has (a)dminister rights on the folder), an <acl> element will be returned containing 1 or more <grant> elements, with the following attributes:

{rights} = some combination of (r)ead, (w)rite, (i)nsert, (d)elete, (a)dminister, workflow action (x)
    {grantee-type} = the type of grantee: "usr", "grp", "dom" (domain), "cos",
    "all" (all authenticated users), "pub" (public authenticated and unauthenticated access),
    "guest" (non-Zimbra email address and password)
    {grantee-name} = the display name (*not* the zimbra id) of the principal being granted rights;
    optional if {grantee-type} is "all"
    {args} = optional argument. password when {grantee-type} is "guest"
    ---
    Misc info-

Under construction:
    Bug 26763 - Tasks - Rest HTML interface
    Bug 26764 - Contacts - REST HTML interface

5.0.5 added:
    Bug 22561 - No REST/HTML UI to list folder contents of publicly shared briefcase folder

5.0.1 included the ability to get free busy info by visiting http:// server.domain.com/home/username?fmt=freebusy which will display an aggregate HTML calendar for all the user's free-busy data. (Of course you can always choose to select "exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times" if you wish.)

In 5.0, we added the ability to go to http:// server.domain.com/home/username/Calendar.html to see an easily readable day/week/month view. (The publisher must share the calendar specifically or publicly in order for you to see it.)

Thanks mmorse, I will check all that in the upcoming days as I don't have time to do it today.

I've been really disapointed by the list manager behavior
    I created several distribution lists just to use as "groups" to set properties on shared malboxes and it works like a charm ! In the GUI people even don't see folders they can't access. That's what I wanted. I used filters in the domain account to automatically put messages coming from particular distribution lists into folders and everything work fine but... a big one, and i really was not expecting to meet that, when in the shared folder a user answer a message instead of getting the address of the distribution list he gets the address of the original sender !

I have distribution list on my Mac OS Server and if the address of the sender is here that's not the address used when we answer messages. It's always the address of the list...
    This is a real problem.

As I said I'll read everything you told me in your message but if you have any magic command line to tell zimbra to use the distribution list address instead of the sender address I will be very, very glad :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ghost View Post
    I created several distribution lists just to use as "groups" to set properties on shared malboxes and it works like a charm ! In the GUI people even don't see folders they can't access. That's what I wanted. I used filters in the domain account to automatically put messages coming from particular distribution lists into folders and everything work fine but... a big one, and i really was not expecting to meet that, when in the shared folder a user answer a message instead of getting the address of the distribution list he gets the address of the original sender !

I have distribution list on my Mac OS Server and if the address of the sender is here that's not the address used when we answer messages. It's always the address of the list...
    This is a real problem.

As I said I'll read everything you told me in your message but if you have any magic command line to tell zimbra to use the distribution list address instead of the sender address I will be very, very glad :-)
    From your wording I'm not sure if your at odds with the 'send on behalf', you want headers re-written, or your just frustrated with user's not hitting 'reply-all'

Example of the 'on behalf':
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    create 4 accounts:
    Shared
    User1 -manager of shared's inbox & sent
    User2 -viewer of shared's inbox & sent
    Test1
    Test2
    -I assume you might be doing viewer on both so one salesperson doesn't remove anything but just for example purposes to show it works.

Send message from user1 to test1 or user2 to test2 and both user1 & 2 can see it - best if you're using conversation view so it's shown when working in shared's inbox.

Zimbra will show this as 'sending on behalf'

The headers look like:
    From: shared@domain.com (so to test1 or test2's perspective it's shared sending the email)
    Sender: user1@domain.com (so yes test1 or test2 can technically view the mail headers and see which salesperson sent it - some mail clients may display this)
    To: test1@domain.com

Notice that there's absolutely no persona's needed here if you're using the ZWC.
    If you need to fix the reply-to fields you might modify /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks.in:
    if /^To: list@domain.com/
    /^To: list@domain.com/ PREPEND Reply-To: list@domain.com
    endif
    if /^To: <list@mydomain.com>/
    /^To: <list@mydomain.com>/ PREPEND Reply-To: list@domain.com
    endif
    if /^To: list2@domain.com/
    /^To: list2@domain.com/ PREPEND Reply-To: list2@domain.com
    endif
    if /^To: <list2@mydomain.com>/
    /^To: <list2@mydomain.com>/ PREPEND Reply-To: list2@domain.com
    endif
    postfix reload to apply

You may wish to try the recently documented ZCS Mailman Integration - Zimbra :: Wiki (from thread: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...man-howto.html)
    -And of course vote for some of the maillist intergration RFE's: Bug 8968 - Mailman Integration

Thanks, I voted...
    mmorse, do you know if there is any plan to integrate a forums module into ZCS ?
    Also is there any way to create a home page on the same server as Zimbra runs on ? But I should open another thread for this one...

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    If you need to fix the reply-to fields you might modify /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks.in:
    postfix reload to apply
    Hi,
    I tried to modify postfix_header_checks.in, if I put things on separate lines I get an error on postfix reload. Then I put the if/endif statement on one line like this:
    Code:
    if /^To: list@domain.com/ /^To: list@domain.com/ PREPEND Reply-To: list@domain.com endif
    Then I got no error but I don't see the Reply-To header in messages sent to the list in the ZWC, so I think something doesn't work.

Messages are well directed by the domain account mail filter in a shared folder. Others can read this shared mailbox but when they hit answer it's the sender's address that appear in the To field. If they hit anser to all, then the sender is in the To field and the list address in the CC field.