Thread: [SOLVED] "Contacts not loaded, yet" message

Default [SOLVED] "Contacts not loaded, yet" message

Hello All,

I have been testing zimbra for a few weeks now, and just recently installed version 5.05 on a new server which is set to be put into production next week. I have about 30 accounts set up on this machine, but no users are actively using those accounts yet. When I log into one of the accounts and try to send a message I get a dialog box which reads: "Contacts not loaded, yet" when the contacts field tries to auto-complete. I've looked around for information on this and only found this bug report, however I'm not sure it's the same issue since I have seen nothing about a "bad JSON response".

Thanks for the help,
    -Colin

Normally if you wait a couple of seconds and start the auto-complete again, it will work.

It looks like if I wait a few seconds I can get it to complete from the emailed contacts list, but it still won't complete addresses from the GAL.

This might seem obvious ( ) but does the user and/or COS setting allow have GAL access configued and the option "Autocomplete from GAL" enabled?

Thanks, it looks like I unchecked "Use GAL when auto completeing addresses" by accident when changing my COS settings yesterday. Now it reads the GAL, but still only after telling me "Contacts not loaded, yet". Is there any way to fix that? I know my other Zimbra installation never gave me that message.

I'm not sure exactly as I'm just another user/administrator; but I'm going to guess that this is due to the deferred loading of UI parts that was introduced on or just after the 5.0 release.

From my understanding, the Zimbra web interface loads the essentials first (eg folder list, message list, toolbars etc) and additional things are loaded in the background (tags, Zimlets, calendar, autocomplete). If you were used to this being available immediately on other versions of Zimbra, it is maybe because you waited longer at the splash screen while the whole web interface was loaded.

Interesting, I guess I can work with it the way it is. Thanks for all your help.