Thread: Web client freezes on trying to open messages

Hybrid View

Default Web client freezes on trying to open messages

The web client seems to have started to freeze when I try and read a message. It sits for a while and then the browser completely freezes....

I can't see anything in the zimbra logs on the mailbox machine, the processes seem to be running ok, I've tried restarting and all the usual things. The tomcat logs look ok too.

What should I be looking at/for to diagnose things?

As it happens - I've wiped this install to try again from scratch to see if it resolves all of the issues I'm having. So this can be ignored/deleted.

Default Web client freezes in admin mode

I've got a fresh VMWare FC4 install (zcs-3.1.0_GA_279.FC4), and am just starting to add users to it with Zimbra Admin. I added 4 users, when the page froze when I clicked New, page is dulled out, cursor is hourglass. No obvious messages in zimbra.log, catalina.log etc etc. Possibly running close on memory with the 512Mb set on the VMWare appliance?

Browser (Firefox/1.5.0.1 on Windows XP Pro SP2) still works, page does not seem to come back.

Can open another tab to zimbra proper, login as one of the users I created, all seems to work. Can open another tag to zimbra admin, get screen back. Can add a user. Try to add a second user, tab freezes.

Closing tab throws up the navigate away dialog.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? it looks like client side problem.

I'll restart the browser as well and try again to see if I can replicate. I've got to say FF1.5 has never impressed from the moment I installed it...

Nup a restart of FF (not a reboot of windows though) same problem. I'll bring up IE 6 next I think ...

Wow, IE 6 (6.0.2900.2180.xpxp_xp2_gdr.050301-1519) was a disappointment. Browsed to https://10.0.0.50L7071/zimbraAdmin but then JScript error, "Exception thrown but not caught" at this line:

throw new AjxException("MSXML not installed",AjxException.INTERNAL_ERROR,"AjxXmlDoc. _init");}else if(AjxEnv.isNav){Document.prototype.loadXML=functi on(str){var domParser=new DOMParser();var domObj=domParser.parseFromString(str,"text/xml");while(this.hasChildNodes())

doh!, didn't get the line number ...

IE 6 _is_ supported isn't it?

OK, I guess next step is to clear out caches on FF

Clear cache has no effect. I can add one user, then next "new" freezes tab.

C
    Last edited by kiwicmc; 04-05-2006 at 03:04 AM.

Are you trying to run Firefox in Vmware too? I'd try shutting down logger and snmp if you only have 512 of RAM.. This is the bare min.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default FF on separate system

Only what came down the pipe in the appliance bundle is running on VMWare, No GUI, no FF. I've bumped the settings up to 1Gb Mem and will report back after breakfast

C
    Last edited by kiwicmc; 04-05-2006 at 10:45 AM.

Default Same thing with Zimbra server at 1Gb

This is very frustrating. Shutdown Zimbra server, bumped up memory to 1Gb, started server. Open FF browser on my PC, browse to zimbra admin, add one user fine, click New to add second - freeze.

I'll start everything host server, client PC from a reboot now. Obviously this is unusual as the forums aren't exploding. Do many people run the VMWare image? This sort of thing is going to make it very difficult for me to demonstrate to my senior management.

C