Thread: Welcome to nginx!

Default Welcome to nginx!

Yesterday a switch died on our network. I was in Chicago so the e-mail server had no network/internet connectivity till this morning. When I got the switch replaced and everything hooked back up e-mail wasn't working. Going to our e-mail server produced a web page with that single line centered at the top of the page: "Welcome to nginx!". I've tried restarting the server, performing "zmcontrol stop" then "zmcontrol start". I can't get to the Zimbra admin site, it just gives me an "unable to connect" message in the browser.

I'm out of my element here on where to go next. I'm downloading FOSS 5.0.5 to perform an upgrade (which I've been meaning to do anyway) in the hopes that maybe it will magically fix everything but any suggestions on what to look for/try would be greatly appreciated!

I'm currently on FOSS 5.0.4 Ubuntu. TIA.

You're running Zimbra-proxy, aren't you ?
    Do you really need it ?

What is the result of a "zmcontrol status" ?

Zimbra-proxy is installed/running though I don't need it (just never looked into how to turn it off). When I execute "zmcontrol status" it reports that the "mailbox" is stopped (everything is running), even though when I perform the zmcontrol stop/start no errors are reported (it says "done" next to everything). Searching forums now for related issues but this may be a needle in the haystack for me so any further assistance on what to look for next would be appreciated. Thanks.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you have the proxy running then you can disable it with the following:

Code:
    zmproxyctl stop
    zmprov ms server.domain.com -zimbraServiceEnabled imapproxy
    zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start
    You should also reset the ports with this (all on one line):

Code:
    zmprov -l ms server.domain.com zimbraPop3BindPort 110 zimbraPop3SSLBindPort 995 zimbraPop3ProxyBindPort 7110 zimbraPop3SSLProxyBindPort 7995 zimbraImapBindPort 143 zimbraImapSSLBindPort 993 zimbraImapProxyBindPort 7143 zimbraImapSSLProxyBindPort 7993
    Then stop/start zimbra or reboot the server and see what happens then.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

The upgrade to 5.0.5 seems to have resolved whatever the root issues were (not that I'm pretending to know what actually happened). I did follow your advice, phoenix, and turn off the imapproxy service since we don't need it. Thanks for everyone's help. Not sure why an extended disconnect from the network would freak the server out but I'm just glad it's resolved and my users are happy again!