Thread: Java consumes many RAMs and CPUs!

Default Java consumes many RAMs and CPUs!

Dear all,
    As i know, mailboxd_java_heap_memory_percent only can be allocated to 2GB RAM and I have set it to <= 2 GB RAM. However, i see that java always consumes many RAMs and CPUs (99.9% CPU and 30.4% RAM) and it seems to not release RAM and CPU . My server have 8 GB RAM and i'm on zcs 5.0.5. Although i see that RAM is still free 1 GB but my zimbra is overloaded. I think that java have used > 2 GB RAM and it can't allocate more RAM because i set "mailboxd_java_heap_memory_percent" to <=2GB. If i set "mailboxd_java_heap_memory_percent" to more 2 GB RAM, mailboxd can't start (Bug 21348).

Please for give me an advice.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by inotabi View Post
    Dear all,
    As i know, mailboxd_java_heap_memory_percent only can be allocated to 2GB RAM and I have set it to <= 2 GB RAM. However, i see that java always consumes many RAMs and CPUs (99.9% CPU and 30.4% RAM) and it seems to not release RAM and CPU . My server have 8 GB RAM and i'm on zcs 5.0.5. Although i see that RAM is still free 1 GB but my zimbra is overloaded. I think that java have used > 2 GB RAM and it can't allocate more RAM because i set "mailboxd_java_heap_memory_percent" to <=2GB. If i set "mailboxd_java_heap_memory_percent" to more 2 GB RAM, mailboxd can't start (Bug 21348).

Please for give me an advice.

Thanks,
    Good morning! Please update your profile with the output of zmcontrol -v so we can all see what version/platform you are running.

If you are on NE, I would suggest opening a support ticket. We have this issue on one of our Zimbra servers as well, and support has been working with us to mitigate the severity of the problem.

As a temporary workaround, you can make a BIG swap file so at least the system won't crash when swapping actively.

Running zmcontrol stop/start daily may also help.

Not a solution I know, but at least this will help keep the system up.

All the best,
    Mark

I have just updated my profile.
    My server are also stopped/started every night but my server is still overloaded. Each time, this issue happen, i can't login into server and i must reboot server by Poweroff Button on my server. I'm looking forward to knowing the information about this issue.

Thanks for zimbra community!
    Last edited by inotabi; 05-26-2008 at 04:12 AM.

Exclamation

Dear LMStone,
    I have followed your instruction to overcome the problem in this time. However, the problem is growing the complex problem when my system is overloaded frequently. My swap space is 8 GB, but today, i receive the following error which relate to swap space:
    "#
    # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested 1024000 bytes for GrET in /BUILD_AREA/jdk6_04/hotspot/src/share/vm/utilities/growableArray.cpp. Out of swap space?
    #
    # Internal Error (allocation.inline.hpp:42), pid=17470, tid=349453216
    # Error: GrET in /BUILD_AREA/jdk6_04/hotspot/src/share/vm/utilities/growableArray.cpp
    #
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (10.0-b19 mixed mode linux-x86)
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # /opt/zimbra/log/hs_err_pid17470.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # HotSpot Virtual Machine Error Reporting Page
    #"

why does it only allocate 1024000 byes for swap space?

Please help me to resolve the problem.

Many thanks,

I have the same problem, there is any solution for this problem ?

thanks in advance

B.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    I have the same problem, there is any solution for this problem ?
    Please don't post duplicate as it makes it difficult to follow your threads and answers, pick a forum and post in one thread and stick to it. The answer is the same as the other thread, increase the RAM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.