Thread: Drap and drop zimlet not working with 5.0.6?

Question Drap and drop zimlet not working with 5.0.6?

Greetings,

I just upgraded from 5.0.4 to 5.0.6 and the drag and drop attachment support appears to be broken. The zimlet appears to be active and listed in my COS but it doesn't work in Firefox. It worked normally before the upgrade. I tried re-deploying the zimlet but it still does work. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Note: I am not composing on a new window so this is not the problem.

Thanks,
    Rob

Using 5.06 and this zimlet works fine, but not in "compose in new window"

Quote Originally Posted by NOZIL View Post
    Using 5.06 and this zimlet works fine, but not in "compose in new window"
    Most zimlets have an issue when "in new window" (either composing or answering). There's a bug in bugzilla about this and several threads in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    Most zimlets have an issue when "in new window" (either composing or answering). There's a bug in bugzilla about this and several threads in the forum.
    Some days ago I updated from 5.0.5 to 5.0.7 (skipping 5.0.6) and the com_zimbra_dnd zimlet stopped working for me.
    I know that most zimlets don't work "in new window", but the dnd zimlet is not working at all for me now. I don't see the "drag message here" dialog.

Klug: do you have a working dnd Zimlet in 5.0.6 or 5.0.7?

Regards
    Thomas

I'm having this same issue on both 5.0.6 NE and 5.0.7 FOSS. The zimlet worked fine before I upgraded to 5.0.6. I can't seem to find anything in the logs either. Where would I see error messages, if any?

we had the same thing happening after each of the last few updates of the server. all i had to do to get it back to work -> reinstalled the .xpi add-on in firefox and everything is back to normal. didnt have to do anything with the actual zimlet on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by ovaz View Post
    we had the same thing happening after each of the last few updates of the server. all i had to do to get it back to work -> reinstalled the .xpi add-on in firefox and everything is back to normal. didnt have to do anything with the actual zimlet on the server.
    I just tried this, and it didn't help. I also redeployed the zimlet again, cleared cache in my browser...only things I can think of at this point. I've tried this on FF 2 and 3, XP and Linux....stumped.

I had a similar issue with the DnD zimlet a few weeks back, and it wouldn't work even after redeploying it. I actually had to stop are start the Zimbra services to get it working again. Don't know if there was some other trick I could have done, but the restart worked for me.

I've actually tried restarting ZCS a few times as well. Still no luck. I'll try it again with 5.0.8 and see if that changes anything.

I upgraded to 5.0.8 and it didn't work initially. I decided to redeploy it and restart ZCS one final time, just in case.....that did it! Next up I need to try this on my NE server.