Thread: Folders not polling in 5.0.x?

Hybrid View

Question Folders not polling in 5.0.x?

We migrated from Exchange to Zimbra in December. We were using 4.5.10 if I recall correctly. The additional folders (besides inbox) would periodically poll in the mail client and show the number of unread messages.

Since we upgraded to the 5.0.x GA releases (Network Edition... now running 5.0.6 GA), the folders don't poll automatically and consistently. They frequently show the wrong count if they show a count at all and clicking on the folder does re-read the listing and correct the number of unread messages, but only after the manual selection of the folder.

Anyone else seeing this behavior and is there something I can do to fix it? Or should this be submitted as a bug?

I am using Mail.app, others are running Thunderbird, Entourage, iPhone and Palm Treo's via IMAP. The behavior is consistent across the board.

Robert

I have no problems in the ZCS web client, but if you are using other clients then they should be performing the polling and not ZCS. Are peoples ZCS accounts also polling external accounts aswell eg. POP/IMAP gmail etc ?

I've also noticed this. For instance my drafts folder says I have 9 items inside it but in reality there is only 1. When I go into the folder it shows 1-1 of 9

I do normally use Thunderbird so I'm not sure if it's related but one of my users pointed out to me that he had nothing in his drafts folder but it still showed 1 message. After creating a new message, saving and then deleting it the count went back to 0.

What happens if you go into the admin GUI and re-index the account ? Or run a expunge using Thunderbird ?

Re-indexing via the admin gui has not effect.

I assume that expunging is the same as compacting?? As after running a compact against the folder it now displays the correct amount.

It will actually delete tagged emails. Hence the value now show correctly.