Thread: [SOLVED] 5.0.5 -> 5.0.6 and zmsethostname problems.

Default [SOLVED] 5.0.5 -> 5.0.6 and zmsethostname problems.

Until this morning I was running Zimbra Network Edition 5.0.5 as a trial inside an Amazon EC2 instance, everything was working well except my hostname was wrong.

So I followed the numerous threads here about setting up split dns and using zmsethostname to rename my Zimbra install, except it didn't work.

I wound up with problems with zmmtaconfig repeatedly telling me "ERROR: account.NO_SUCH_SERVER (no such server: zimbra.xxx.com)"

So I thought I'd upgrade to 5.0.6 and see if that fixed the problem, as it would be manipulating the config files etc itself.

Now I know that was a dumb idea, but can anyone help me get Zimbra running again!? Please?!

EDIT:

OK, so I got into the admin console, where it lists two servers, the original misnamed one, and the new correctly named one.

I still can't login via webmail however, since it redirects me to the original URL, which is invalid...
    Last edited by chrisbray; 06-12-2008 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Extra info.

Either post or private message me with the errors you are getting and we'll see if we can work though them.

-bp
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Sorry I didn't mark it as fixed, I kinda forgot in my joy to have fixed it!

The problem I was having was that Zimbra still thought my account was associated with the first server name, hence it was trying to redirect me to the old server after login.

zmsetservername didn't seem to set zimbraMailHost or zimbraMailTransport for the accounts in question.

Setting these by hand (zmprov ma account@domain.com zimbraMailHost newhost.domain.com) seems to have solved the problem.