Thread: Sending Mail Externally

Hybrid View

Default Sending Mail Externally

I have installed Zimbra in a multi server system. 1 MTA on public IP address space, 2 LDAP servers each on different private IP address spaces, and one mail store on the same private IP address space as the master LDAP server. The servers seem to communicate well with each other. I am able to send email within the domain in LDAP (eg admin@domain.com to rsharpe@domain.com), except the MX record still points to the production mail system, but that doesn't really matter. If in the web client I try to send a message to an external domain (eg rsharpe@domain.com to xyz@gmail.com) a pop-up tells me
    Code:
    Message not sent; one or more addresses were not accepted.
    Rejected addresses: xyz@gmail.ca
    And it hasn't mattered which domain I send it to gmail, hotmail, other small domais we manage. I looked through some of the logs in the /opt/zimbra/logs and I found this in /opt/zimbra/logs/zimbra.log
    Code:
    2006-03-03 13:34:45,486 INFO  [http-443-Processor94] [mid=1;ip=198.20.47.5;aname=rsharpe@domain.com;name=rsharpe@domain.com;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException: Invalid address: xyz@gmail.com
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.internal_SEND_FAILURE(MailServiceException.java:327)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.SEND_ABORTED_ADDRESS_FAILURE(MailServiceException.java:331)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.sendMimeMessage(SendMsg.java:321)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.sendMimeMessage(SendMsg.java:165)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.sendMimeMessage(SendMsg.java:154)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.handle(SendMsg.java:107)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:252)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:163)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:84)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:228)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:154)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
            at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
            at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:526)
            at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:825)
            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:738)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:526)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
      nested exception is:
            class com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 <xyz@gmail.com>: Recipient address rejected: gmail.com

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1141)
            at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:536)
            at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:151)
            at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:80)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.sendMimeMessage(SendMsg.java:243)
            ... 25 more
    The web mail MTA host is set. What I'm wondering is if there is a message relaying problem. Thanks!

Sounds like you need to add the networks that the store server lives on to zimbraMtaMyNetworks on the MTA servers, so that postfix recognizes the box as "local"

Worked Perfectly Thanks!