Thread: Post Upgrade Issues - Logger berserk?

Hybrid View

Default Post Upgrade Issues - Logger berserk?

I just upgraded from M2 all the way to 3.0.1. It went quite smooth and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked. Everything was retained from configuration to mailboxes. I've logged in and made sure I'm still getting mail. Nice!

Unfortunately I have one fairly significant problem which appears to have come about from the upgrade:

I noticed that the CPU was pegged, thats strange, I checked and it was mysqld. Okay, its gotta be rebuilding something from the upgrade. I checked again about an hour later and its still pegged. I thought it strange, so I dug around a little more and found that the file logger_myslow.log has grown significantly, about 4 MB in the last hour. Sure enough the process thats killing the cpu is tied to the perl monitor process.

Looking at the log I'm a little baffled. This perl process appears to poll the database every 5 seconds for information about the disk drives? It looks like the table has about a half million rows and is growing by 3 rows every 5 seconds or so.

Is this intentional or is something broken?

If its broken, how can I fix it?

Is this table indexed properly?

Is this level of granularity needed? I'm willing to accept a 5 minute instead of 5 second granularity. Can I tune this somehow to not cause this level of load just to monitor for free space?

Search the forums on how to reduce the frequency of this, and for which indices should have been created.