Thread: Multiple domains and personas

Default Multiple domains and personas

Hi All,

Wondered if I could ask a little advice.

Currently, we use Zimbra Network addition [5.0.7] to host a single domain. It works well.

We have an old legacy domain which we support with incomming email though a domain alias, as per the instructions here: ManagingDomains - Zimbra :: Wiki

We would like to add another domain to the list, but for this one, we would like to give all users the option of sending mail from domain1.com [the real one], or domain2.com [the new one]. We would like this feature from both the webclient and outlook.

In adition, we would like all mail going to domain2.com to have replies that originate from domain2.com. So if someone mails me@domain2.com, and I reply, the reply has to appear to come from me@domain2.com.

I have sort of got this to work using a persona. I created a domain alias, and everyone is getting email for domain2.com correctly. I then created a persona on my own account, and used to "Use this persona:" field to make the replies work. It works from webmail.

I have two questions with this setup:

1) Is there a better way of doing it? Specificaly, a way that doesn't involve going though 200ish accounts and adding the persona settings!

2) It appears to semi-work from outlook [2003]. The replies get sent from the correct address, and the persona is listed under tools -> options. But I can't find where I can set the outgoing email address when composing a new email. All I get is an "Accounts" drop down, which lists the other outlook accounts I have set up [such as IMAP ones]. Also, what does the "Use this persona as an Outlook Identiy" do?

Any thoughts/insights would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Anyone?

Even some info on getting outlook to send using a chosen persona would be great.

Do post here if you work anything out.

There have been a multitude of posts over the past six months from people unable to send using aliases/personas in Outlook. I'm not aware of any official response.

Our server won't even let folk send using a persona via webmail. It just rewrites the sender address to the primary account.

Very Frustrating!

It is REALLY frustrating...

More because we as a company are [trying to] use it more and more, prefering shared mailboxes over say distrubution lists as it allows people to delete emails once they have delt with them.

For this to work though, you simply have to be able to send outgoing emails from these addresses and it just doesn't work!