Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Monitoring with Nagios

Quote Originally Posted by schose View Post
    Hello forum,

because i didn't find any solution to monitor zimbra with nagios i wrote a small script. It's interprets the output of "zmcontrol status" command. Because the zmcontrol can only be startet from the zimbra account you have to edit sudoers file like.

%nagios ALL=(zimbra) NOPASSWD:/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol

small (german) article on my blogsite at: Schose’s Blog » Blog Archive » Zimbra Monitoring mit Nagios

Script http://andreas.ndfnet.de/showfiles/b...ck_zmstatus.pl

Is it reliable enough to monitor this command? Do you have some other ideas to improve monitoring?? comments welcome!

best regards,

Andreas
    The screen shot shows what we do on all our own and our clients' Zimbra servers. We leave hardware monitoring to the HP Insight Agents, e.g. the health of a single hard disk in a RAID array.

Hope that helps,
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another way to get deep into the web application, without putting a password into a script, is to make public calendar, wiki, and email/RSS shares and screen-scrape the appropriate REST URLs anonymously. This can be done with arguments to check_http.

with check_dnsbl

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Graves View Post
    Another way to get deep into the web application, without putting a password into a script, is to make public calendar, wiki, and email/RSS shares and screen-scrape the appropriate REST URLs anonymously. This can be done with arguments to check_http.
    great idea... I think i will try this.

Thanks!

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by LMStone View Post
    We leave hardware monitoring to the HP Insight Agents, e.g. the health of a single hard disk in a RAID array.
    Thanks for the Screenshot Mark. btw.: query the HP Agents can also be done by check_hpasm. check_hpasm

Best Regards,

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by schose View Post
    Thanks for the Screenshot Mark. btw.: query the HP Agents can also be done by check_hpasm. check_hpasm

Best Regards,

Andreas
    Yeah, we tried that a year ago or so. As I recall, it needed to be "compiled" sort of for each monitored host and I remember we had some sort of other issue with it. I see from the web site that multi-line reporting is now a feature, so when we go to Nagios 3 some time this year, we'll take a fresh look at the plugin.

Thanks!
    Mark

Hi schose
    I have tried to install your script and can get return output from the command line on my Debian Linux Server /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H zimbra -c check_zmstatus but need help with serive.cfg hostgroup.cfg files.
    Within Nagios my output is (no output returned form plugin), I have set my service_nagios2.cfg as check_command check_nrpe!check_zmstatus and have tried check_nrpe_1arg this worked for disk check but not for Zimbra Server zmcontrol - please can anyone help on this.
    Solved with command check_nrpe_1arg!check_zmcontrol then on the client /etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg command[check_zmstatus]=/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_zmstatus.pl -p zimbraServer
    Last edited by gpouser; 09-25-2008 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LMStone View Post
    The screen shot shows what we do on all our own and our clients' Zimbra servers. We leave hardware monitoring to the HP Insight Agents, e.g. the health of a single hard disk in a RAID array.

Hope that helps,
    Mark
    Hey Mark,

I am trying to setup Nagios for our internal server. Can you provide the scripts (or at least names of them) you have used in your setup? I am completely new to Nagios and trying to learn as we go along. I had setup http, smtp, imap4 and pop3 monitors. Now I am trying to add more components to it.

I use Zimbra with Zimbra Proxy on one host. Most of my checks are execute via NRPE from Nagios Addons.
    Pieces of my nrpe.cfg file

Code:
    command[check_zimbra_route_lookup_handler]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -H localhost -p 7072
    command[check_zimbra_spell_checker]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -H localhost -p 7780
    command[check_zimbra_pop3_real]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_pop -H localhost -p 7110
    command[check_zimbra_pop3s_real]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_pop -H localhost -p 7995 -S
    command[check_zimbra_imap_real]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_imap -H localhost -p 7143
    command[check_zimbra_imaps_real]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_imap -H localhost -p 7993 -S
    command[check_zimbra_mailq]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mailq -w 100 -c 150 -M postfix
    command[check_zimbra_clamd]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_clamd -H localhost
    command[check_zimbra_mysql]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mysql -s /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock
    command[check_zimbra_mysql_logger]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_mysql -s /opt/zimbra/logger/db/mysql.sock
    command[check_zimbra_amavisd]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smtp -H localhost -p 10024 -e '220 [127.0.0.1] ESMTP amavisd-new service ready'
    command[check_zimbra_lmtp]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smtp -H localhost -p 7025 -e '220 zimbra.example.com Zimbra LMTP ready'
    command[check_zimbra_postfix_amavis]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smtp -H localhost -p 10025 -e '220 zimbra.example.com ESMTP Postfix'
    To check the signature file version of ClamAV I use a modified version of check_clamav.pl, see attached. Maybe you have to change line 30 to fit in your Nagios Plugins environment. It must be run as user zimbra, therefore I use sudo.
    nrpe.cfg
    Code:
    command[check_zimbra_clamd_sig]=sudo -u zimbra /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib/check_clamav.pl -w 3 -c 5
    /etc/sudoers
    Code:
    nagios ALL=(zimbra)     NOPASSWD: /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib/check_clamav.pl
    To check the validate of SSL Certificate.
    services.cfg
    Code:
    service_description     Zimbra SSL Certificate
    command_line    $USER1$/check_http -S -H zimbra.example.com -C 10
    Check local Zimbra LDAP.
    services.cfg
    Code:
    service_description     Zimbra LDAP
    check_command   check_ldap_with_HOST!zimbra.example.com!dc=de
    Screenshot of my Nagios
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files