Thread: [SOLVED] Can one account be admin of multiple domains?

Default [SOLVED] Can one account be admin of multiple domains?

Hello.

Is it possible to configure one account to be administrator of multiple domains? I have not been able to find this in the forums or the wiki.

Thanks in advance.
    Jaume Sabater
    http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"

Not that I'm aware of unless you want to make the user an administrator on the system. That would definitely be nice...

5.0.7_GA_2444.DEBIAN4.0 FOSS edition

Delegated admin is a NE feature (can't tell if you have any).
    A domain administrator can create and maintain accounts, aliases, distribution lists, and calendar resources in a specific domain (they can't currently "view mail" either).

These are underway for multi-domain delegated admins:
    Bug 6965 - Domain groups > Bug 5254 - Domain Admin can own multiple domains > Bug 5253 - Domain Admin should be able create sub-domains of the domain of which he is owner

Others:
    Bug 11515 - role based delegate administration
    Bug 13183 - view mail, domain mail queue, and virus update info for domain admins (Might seem like a contradiction to people wanting to keep the current "can't view mail" like Bug 11374 - View Mail: should be possible to disable this for some/all admins but that will be handled in the role based RFE)
    Bug 29102 - expose COS and allow setting COS on account creation for domain admin
    Bug 7742 - Enable domain-specific COS's, manageable by a domain admin

For FOSS you might set up a SOAP portal, command limited console to run only certain zmprov commands, or a zimlet to hide functionality in the admin console.
    Last edited by mmorse; 07-16-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    5.0.7_GA_2444.DEBIAN4.0 FOSS edition
    It's not for my personal use, but rather for a customer of mine, who uses 5.0.7 Network Edition (but I posted my Open Source Edition in the profile, since the mail in my profile is my personal mail, not work).

Okay, so it's a feature planned for version 5.5. Thanks, I'll let my customer know (and for myself, too!).

Thanks!
    Jaume Sabater
    http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"

Role based is, but the targets are still unset on the 3 'multi-domain delegated admin' ones.

Greetings

Delegation of domain admin is what we neeeed!

Delegated admin is a NE feature
    How? (please)

These are underway for multi-domain delegated admins ....
    Yes please

you might set up a SOAP portal, command limited console to run only certain zmprov commands ...
    Is there a how-to on this?

Thanks for reading
    All that glitters .... oh look, a shiny thing

5.0.6_GA_2314.RHEL4_20080522092131 CentOS4 NETWORK edition
    Delegated admin = domain admin right now.

(A lot of people want Bug 11515 - role based delegate administration starting off with more settings for what domain admins can/can't do, and morphing into other levels after that.)

For NE the account simply needs zimbraIsDomainAdminAccount TRUE

The zimlet reference for FOSS is more of an un-secure 'cloak & dagger' where you give someone full admin, then hide stuff (like all but 2 domains) in the admin console when their account is logged in.

NE customers can checkout /opt/zimbra/zimlets-network/com_zimbra_domain.zip - you're still protected by ACL's - you can see permissions in /opt/zimbra/conf/attra/zimbra-attrs.xml domainAdminModifiable references.

You'll definitely want to checkout:
    /opt/zimbra/doc/soap.txt & soap-admin.txt

There's all sorts of different approaches:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/develop...vs-zimbra.html
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/develop...ss-zimbra.html
    Example: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/6269-post3.html
    With java use the zmmailbox class.

The limited CLI is in reference to a few utilities out there that can be used to create a shell that can only run pre-determined set of commands, search the web for some.

There's also a new CLI utility (in 5.0.6 but better implemented in 5.0.7) called zmsoap, which is used for sending ad-hoc SOAP commands to our server. The idea is that you specify the request on the command line in an XPath-inspired syntax, and zmsoap takes care of authenticating, generating the envelope, sending the request, and writing the response to stdout.

Examples.
    zmsoap -z -e GetAccountInfoRequest/account=user1 -v @by=name
    zmsoap -m user1 -p test123 -u http://localhost:7070/service/soap --type account GetInfoRequest | head
    zmsoap -z -m user1 SearchRequest/query=in:inbox | head
    Code:
    zmsoap [options] <path1> [<path2> ...]                                          
    options                                                                         
      --help (-h)                 Print usage information.                          
      --mailbox (-m) name         Mailbox account name.  mail and account requests  
                                  are sent to this account.  Also used for          
                                  authentication if -a and -z are not specified.    
      --target name               Target account name to which requests will be     
                                  sent.  Only used for non-admin sessions.          
      --admin (-a) name           Admin account name to authenticaste as.           
      --zadmin (-z)               Authenticate with zimbra admin name/password from 
                                  localconfig.                                      
      --password (-p) pass        Password.                                         
      --passfile (-P) path        Read password from file.                          
      --element (-e) path         Root element path.  If specified, all path        
                                  arguments that don't start with a slash (/) are   
                                  relative to this element.                         
      --type (-t) type            SOAP request type (mail, account, admin).         
                                  Default is admin.                                 
      --url (-u) http[s]://...    Server hostname and optional port.                
      --verbose (-v)              Print the SOAP request and other status           
                                  information.                                      
      path [path ...]             Element or attribute path and value.  Roughly     
                                  follows XPath syntax:                             
                                  [/]element1[/element2][/@attr][=value].