Thread: zmmailboxmove size?

Default zmmailboxmove size?

Just posing the question about the zmmailboxmove CLI, if there are any size or time limitations I should be aware of? I have mailboxes up to almost 2gb in size and need to transfer them over a VPN connection, both sides having binded T1's for I-conn. VPN connectivity is stable.

Just wondering if anyone has issues, gotchas, etc to watch out for? ... dealing with a failed line or drop packets that makes the move fail, starting the move over, etc.....

thanks
    -kevin

as long as your internet conection stays up the transfer should run fine. the good news too is that even if it does die during the process that the mailbox isn't removed from the source server until you issue the purge old command so you can restart it easily. afaik there is no way to really continue it if it does die in the middle

Does anybody have any scripts for moving multiple mailboxes? I have a few thousand mailboxes I want to transfer and I need to move each, confirm the move was successful, and then purge the old box. Ideas? Anybody out there who has moved a large number of mailboxes between machines? Any tips from experience would be greatly appreciated.
    Peter LeBlond
    Product Development Engineer
    http://www.mxtoolbox.com

I have gotten a user dump from ldap and run other cmds, mainly restores during testing for large mailboxes over a network ...

#!/bin/bash
    DMPFILE=somefilelistofldapusers

cat $DMPFILE | while read user;
    do
    zmmailboxmove -a $user -ow -s starting.server.com -t ending.server.com
    done;

I am moving users, a few per day .... once I reached a mailbox size of about 450MB, the user is not automatically taken out of maintenance mode ... this normal?

no errors are hitting the screen, mailbox looks normal on the new server after changing the account to active again, but then again, I'm not searching through all the mail/folders either ....

also - I am getting failures when moving only those persons that I have changed the primary domain for ....
    Last edited by skrewloose; 07-31-2008 at 05:51 AM.

bueller?

I have done all my other accounts for a specific domain except for the ones that started out on the master domain, then changed.

I guess the next step is to change the user back to the master domain, attempt the move, then change them back ....

as for the maintenance mode deal, had a few more 100-200 mb mailboxes that moved and switched back to active just fine... doing the larger ones, still has the error and no one has complained of anything missing (yet?) ...

tried moving one of those accounts that was under one domain, then moved under another domain (same server). I moved it under its previous domain, HOPING to get it moved.... NOT! ... still errors.

Error occurred: system failure: Failed to export mailbox from source server

where does this thing log??... I can't find any errors logging that is of help. (/var/log/zimbra.log, messages.log,zmmailboxd.out,stacktrace.*) ... ???

I am preparing to migrate ~800 users, with many 1G+ mailboxes, including one that is over 50G. I am getting the same error message in my test environment right now:

Error occurred: system failure: Failed to export mailbox from source server

So this is a me too on the size question, the log question, and the error question.