Thread: IMAP Hidden folders

Default IMAP Hidden folders

I am system administrator at a university and i am evaluation network edition of zimbra 5.0.7 , i migrate some accounts from exchange 2003 to zimbra and they are migrated correctly , but when i try to access my mail via IMAP using outlook express , i see only inbox , but subfolders of inbox is not exist , i show from settings the folders i saw all folders but its hidden and i must press every folder and press show to let it shown at outlook , why these folders is not shown by default , and how can i solve this ? please help me .

I'm not sure about Outlook Express because I don't use it, and I'm not sure if this exactly addresses your problem, but I know with other email clients I've tried (Outlook, Thunderbird, Mulberry) you have to subscribe to the folders to get them to show up.

Hmmm...interesting...sounds similar or related to what I've seen... which is the opposite.

When connecting via imap from outlook or express, I get additional folders like sent, drafts, ect, sometimes just doubles, sometimes 3 or 4 copies! And I can't delete them! This has occurred with also importing pst files.

But when I view it in the web client or zimbra desktop, only the zimbra folders show.

BUT the one exception is when I connect imap to zimbra via my cell phone. When this occurs, I only get an additional sent folder. Which also shows up in the web client and desktop. And when I delete this folder, when my phone reconnects, it reappears!

I've just chalked it up as a zimbra imap bug....

I have some points to say

1. at Microsoft outlook the folders dont showup and i tried to find where to show but i cannot , but outlook express i can show hidden one by going to IMAP folders at settings of the account.

2. when i create folder from zimbra web i cannot see it at outlook .

3. vice versa when i create folder while i am connected to IMAP via outlook , the folder will appear on the web and will appear when i access the account from any other computer by IMAP outlook.

So, am I understanding correctly that you have now figured out Outlook Express but you're still having problems with Outlook?

2. when i create folder from zimbra web i cannot see it at outlook
    This is true. When you create a new IMAP folder from another client it does not, by default, show up automatically in Outlook. In both Outlook 2000 and 2003 you have to click on Tools --> Imap folders. This will bring up the "IMAP folders" window. Click the "Query" button to show all your folders. Select the new folder that you have created, and then click the "Subscribe" button. Click Apply/OK to close out the window. Your folder should now appear in the folder list, and will be there from now on.

I don't have any other version of Outlook to check out, but I imagine there is a similar set-up for IMAP folders.