Thread: OpenLDAP and Outlook

Hybrid View

Default OpenLDAP and Outlook

Well, maybe it's a bit off-topic, but somebody may know what I'm unable to find out.

When I configure Outlook address book (no connector) to connect to OpenLDAP in Zimbra, I can search for addresses. It works. When I configure Outlook to use Active Directory LDAP, it works too, even in a better way. With Active Directory LDAP address book, I can see all addresses in directory right when I open address book or when I click "To" button in new mail. I don't have to do a search. When using OpenLDAP, I have to search for "@" in address, then I get all addressess.

Is it possible to configure OpenLDAP (or something other) that when I open address book in Outlook it will automatically populate list with all LDAP records?

Are you using AD with Exchange? If so it maybe the GAL sync feature like our Outlook connector has. It will actually load all the addresses locally.
    Last edited by KevinH; 03-08-2006 at 02:39 PM.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

No Exchange, just Outlook XP with standard LDAP address book pointed to Windows 2003 AD.

OpenLDAP lacks support for LDAP paging/sorting controls. Once thats available, the Outlook LDAP address book provider will work against OpenLDAP in the same manner as it works against AD.