Thread: standard html client editing address book error

Default standard html client editing address book error

Hi,

I am getting reports from users that when they try to create a group contact in the standard html version of webmail, they get a "Action not allowed without a valid crumb" error.

We're on 5.02. Is this a known issue and is it fixed with later versions?

Is it this issue? Bug 25070 – User is navigated to the Contacts edit page after cancelling adding a address book.

(I just need to know so that I can confirm it will be fixed to my users when we upgrade to latest version)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyclark View Post
    Hi,

I am getting reports from users that when they try to create a group contact in the standard html version of webmail, they get a "Action not allowed without a valid crumb" error.

Is it this issue? Bug 25070 – User is navigated to the Contacts edit page after cancelling adding a address book.

(I just need to know so that I can confirm it will be fixed to my users when we upgrade to latest version)

Thanks!
    I am getting the same error message when I try to reply or forward messages. It is especially maddening when I have attachments. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyclark View Post
    Hi,

Thanks!

Does this error message only come up when forwarding or replying to a certain email message?

We came across this issue, but it only happened with a certain email message.

Two of our users reported seeing this too now. Yes, it does only happen during replies to certain messages. But, Zimbra isn't logging client info, which suggests it's not a normal browser. I'm trying to get in contact with our users receiving the same errors to find out browser and version so I can attempt to reproduce.

This began after our upgrade to 5.0.19.

Quote Originally Posted by mmluba View Post
    Two of our users reported seeing this too now. Yes, it does only happen during replies to certain messages. But, Zimbra isn't logging client info, which suggests it's not a normal browser. I'm trying to get in contact with our users receiving the same errors to find out browser and version so I can attempt to reproduce.

This began after our upgrade to 5.0.19.
    I've had one user report this as well after upgrading to the same version. He's using Firefox 3.6 with the Standard version. Is there a fix for this?

When I use (ex.)Bob Wills<b_wills@comcast.net> I get the message "Action not allowed without a valid crumb". If I use only b-wills@comcast.com the message goes through. What is a valid crumb?????

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Some idea of which version of Zimbra being used would be a help. Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post it in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Quote Originally Posted by kk50 View Post
    When I use (ex.)Bob Wills<b_wills@comcast.net> I get the message "Action not allowed without a valid crumb". If I use only b-wills@comcast.com the message goes through. What is a valid crumb?????
    Bmail crumbs. What's a crumb? It would also help if you posted the circumstances under which this problem occurs and which browser and whether you're using the Advanced web interface or the HTML version.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Comcast Valid crumb error

If you cannot delete due to Without Valid Crumb Error, just go to the last page of your inbox and check the top delete all box and enter. You should be able to the do just select ones again.