Thread: Restore specific network edition backup

sdemeyer Guest

Default Restore specific network edition backup

I need to restore a mailbox from specific full backup from a couple of weeks ago. When using either the CLI or the web admin interface, and selecting the full backup I want to restore, I am seeing messages being restored well after the date of the full backup. How do I specify only to restore the particular backup and nothing after that full backup date?

In other words, when I try to restore a mailbox from a full backup completed on the 5th of July, the restore is successful but I see e-mail messages dated after the backup had taken place. Additionally, I'm selecting the option to create a new account for the restored mailbox.

Thanks,
    Scott

We are having the same issue - I thought choosing the incremental or full backup date i wanted to restore would restore the emails from that point backwards in time and nothing else - but it seems to be restoring that date forward in time - so xx/xx/xxxx to current date and time..

Any solution here? I need to get all the emails from xx/xx/xxxx to the oldest one the account had on file at that time

Thanks!
    - SLM -

Thanks for the response! - I had just figured this out about 10 minutes ago! - I used the following: to restore to the date

zmrestore -s <FULL SERVERNAME> -a <USERS EMAIL ADDRESS/ACCOUNT> -restoreToTime <FULL DATE OF INCREMENTAL FILE I WANTED TO RESTORE TO> -lb <FULL FILENAME OF THE FULL BACKUPSET RIGHT BEFORE THE INCREMENTAL I WANTED TO RESTORE TO> -ca -pre restored_

It worked perfect! and I have a very happy client!

Thanks for the response and assistance!

- D2G
    - SLM -

sdemeyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    We are having the same issue - I thought choosing the incremental or full backup date i wanted to restore would restore the emails from that point backwards in time and nothing else - but it seems to be restoring that date forward in time - so xx/xx/xxxx to current date and time..

Any solution here? I need to get all the emails from xx/xx/xxxx to the oldest one the account had on file at that time

Thanks!
    I wound up having to restore via the CLI and it worked.

zmrestore -rf -lb <name of full backup> -a <account name to restore> -ca -pre <prefix account name>

-rf = restore full backup
    -lb = backup label
    -a = account to restore
    -ca = create the restored account
    -pre = prefix the restored account so the original account doesn't get overwritten.

Scott

Thanks for the response! - I had just figured this out about 10 minutes ago! - I used the following: to restore to the date

zmrestore -s <FULL SERVERNAME> -a <USERS EMAIL ADDRESS/ACCOUNT> -restoreToTime <FULL DATE OF INCREMENTAL FILE I WANTED TO RESTORE TO> -lb <FULL FILENAME OF THE FULL BACKUPSET RIGHT BEFORE THE INCREMENTAL I WANTED TO RESTORE TO> -ca -pre restored_

It worked perfect! and I have a very happy client!

Thanks for the response and assistance!

- D2G
    - SLM -

Is there a bug in for this? Seems like a pretty big bug - 90&#37; of restores are Point in time restores here. The GUI says it can do that and so it should.