Thread: IMAP and Web Client issues

Default IMAP and Web Client issues

We have recently migrated from HmailServer to Zimbra, and have encountered some issues getting our users to adapt to the changes, and we are after some advice from the community who may have had these in the past.

The first issue we have hit is with Blackberries. Our UK team (our head office is in AUS) use blackberries, and have not been able to use the blackberry internet service to connect to our new installation. When trying to set up the new email account in the blackberry service, they get a "An error occurred during email account validation" error. We have turned off SSL for IMAP/POP, yet this still continues. Any suggestions?
    I think it didn't like SSL to start with due to the way we have setup the server, as it's been installed as mail2.company.com, whereas there is no mail2.company.com domains so the certificates were not accepted. I can connect via Imap with my WinMobile 6.1 device without issue.

Another problem encountered is the fonts. Is there a way to install a new font to the web client? We have a standard font for the company as per our style guide, and it would be helpful to be able to include it in somehow.

Other issues encountered are using Toaster in Vista which seems to not get along, and the Zimbra Desktop doesn't seem to like vista either.

Crisis over. I've had to enable clear text passwords and the berries can connect.