Thread: [SOLVED] Admin gui hangs, no zimbraMailSSL

Default [SOLVED] Admin gui hangs, no zimbraMailSSL

Hello,

I followed this guide: Building Zimbra on Gentoo - Zimbra :: Wiki

And everything was working just fine. Except from the server status, I didn't get the pretty cpu charts etc. When I tried to view it, the popup told me theh logger wasn't installed. I tried to enable this with
    zmprov -l ms example.com +zimbraServiceEnabled logger
    BUT I made a mistake and missed the '+'. This led to ONE service enabled only. Logger. =(.
    I'd read here that the easiest way to recover was to do an 'upgrade'. I tried that and the configure script had me reconfigure the services.
    However, Now the admin gui hangs indefinitely after it's accepted my credentials and the zimbraMailSSLPort does not answer at all. The zimbraMailPort gives me the web gui but the login procedure works every second time, giving 'an invalid request was made'.

What I think would be great to do here would be to backup all user data and configuration that does not pertain to services, do a clean install and then import the user accounts and data.

Thoughts? Should I post the /tmp/zmsetup* stuff?
    Last edited by aron; 08-17-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Better reflecting problem

Weel , I guess I could have settled with
    Code:
    zmtlsctl https
    since I dicovered that somehow, during all my tries to reinstall, I was suddenly obliged to enter username@example.com instead of just username as before when logging in.

Either way, I took the long way round and migrated the accounts off of zimbra by exporting calendar ics's and setting upp a temporary imap server which I could drag and drop to in thunderbird. Then
    Code:
    mv /opt/zimbra /opt/zimbra_bak
    and did a fresh install. Kinda tedious since I had to redo all the tweaking and configuration.
    On the other hand, it usually gets better the second time around

Quote Originally Posted by aron View Post
    since I dicovered that somehow, during all my tries to reinstall, I was suddenly obliged to enter username@example.com instead of just username as before when logging in.
    So they can just type username/pass you can set:
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmprov gacf | grep zimbraDefaultDomainName
    zmprov mcf zimbraDefaultDomainName domain.com
    Or if you have more than one add a virtual hosts.
    Admin console GUI > Domains > Virtual Hosts tab. The virtual host requires a valid DNS configuration with an A record.
    Code:
    zmprov md domain.com  zimbraVirtualHostname webmail.domain.com
    Users enter the virtual host name as the URL address (webmail.domain.com) where they enter just their username/pass - as opposed to the server address (server.domain.com).
    The authentication request searches for a domain with that virtual host name and authentication is completed against that domain.

Not required, but there's also the zimbraPublicServiceHostname for the REST URL's http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...-creation.html

For 5.0.9it will be 3 variables instead of 1: 29978 - remove zimbraPublicServiceHostname dependency on zimbraServer objects Now composed via zimbraPublicService[Protocol + Hostname + Port] if not set fallback is the same zimbraServiceHostname with ports computed from zimbraMailMode.

I see that's even better. Most impressive.
    I realised after some more tinkering that during one of the reinstalls that my other (mistakenly installed) domain was set to hostname.domain.com rather than domain.com which would have been the case, in light of your enlightenment here, that hostname.domain.com was my zimbraDefaultDomainName and not domain.com.