Thread: Select Addresses

Default Select Addresses

Okay this might be a dumb question. I sat down with a new user and was helping him learn zimbra. Short tutorial. The problem he found is that when you go to send an email and you click on the TO button the select address pops up.

That seems fine but its blank. Okay I told him you must add contacts to you list. Okay fine he spends the next 15 min selecting each individual person from the GAL list and add them one at a time. (There has got to be a way to add them all a once.)

So now he has added all his contacts to his list and goes back to the Select addresses. Still blank. He tries to search nothing found. If he switches to GAL and searches it comes up. Whats up with this? Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks alot for your help

Scandog

you have to use the wildcard (*) when searching the user contacts, even though it's not necessary for the gal search

i think we're working on shared contacts/gal but i'm not sure of the status

Okay I tried the * wildcard for looking up all personal contacts but it still shows nothing. It says "No results found."

Wouldn't it make sense to have this list autopopulated with your personal contacts, and then have the ability to search for someone if the list is long. I can't imagine using outlook and having to search for contacts rather than pick them off the list.

use it like this: bob* or rob* to get
    robert jones - bobby @ example.com

take a look at Bug 5739 - searching Contacts (vs. GAL) only matches "discrete tokens" without wildcard indicator

and Bug 5893 - autocompletion should access the GAL