Thread: Mix and Match ZCS Std & Network Ed?

Default Mix and Match ZCS Std & Network Ed?

I can't seem to find the answer.. to this one:

I've got the opportunity to sale a 100 zimbra box sale.

Trouble is.. only a handful, maybe 5 people steadfastily refuse to let go of Outlook. Which is fine.

So... am I able to sale 25 Zimbra Pro, and 75 Zimbra Std. for these instances, or is it all or nothing- 100 Pro (Network Edition) OR 100 Std?

Thanks for clarification!

ps: probably what will happen, is that these 5 outlook holdouts will get their data migrated via connector to their Zimbra account, and they'll like it so much that they abandon Outlook altogether. Do they need to purchase ZCS Network for that facility?

You can mix and match licenses on a single server.

And yes, the five or so Outlook users would need the Network licenses to be able to use the Outlook connector at all. There is a PST import tool to convert their current Outlook mail. (assuming they're using .pst files of course)

That helps!

The import tool- will it be an option with the STD? No Network Edition purchase needed (I'm thinking yes, but double checking)

Thank you very much!

Tim

Hmmm... I'm thinking you asked a slightly different question than our esteemed moderator answered perhaps?

A Zimbra server is configured either as an Open Source server or as a Network Edition server.

If Network Edition, any number of users can be Standard (lower cost) or Professional (Higher cost, but able to use the Zimbra Connector for Outlook, a.k.a. "ZCO").

In other words, you'll pay either nothing for all mailboxes on the system (Open Source edition), or something for all mailboxes on the system.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Thanks LM. Perhaps I was mistaken as to what was being asked.

You can mix the Standard and Professional versions of the Network license.

The Open Source version of the server is separate and cannot be mixed like that.

The PST import wizard is included with the OSS server.
    Last edited by p24t; 09-03-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: double checked PST tool available :)

Hi p24t!

We are on the same page for sure.

To add one more bit, the ZCO is NOT included with the Open Source edition.

All the best,
    Mark

P.S. Perhaps the OP will kindly let us know which question they were asking originally? ;-)