Thread: [SOLVED] SERIOUS PROBLEM - New Account UI and Domain List

Default [SOLVED] SERIOUS PROBLEM - New Account UI and Domain List

Hello:

I have been fighting with a problem and tracing the code has been a nightmare.

I am using Open Source, I think version 4.5.10 or 4.5.9 (?) and upgrading is not an option at the moment.

When adding a New Account (Domain has already been added successfully) the "domain list drop down" next to the "Account name:" field will NOT display all the available domains. The list is restricted to only 50 domains. So right now anything listed after "s" in the alphabet is GONE. Can not be accessed so I can not add accounts via the UI.

This is a serious problem and I have looked though the forum and only found two messages about it.... both of which were posted and never received any response at all.

PLEASE... anyone... suggestions to fix this problem for my version?

Thank you!
    -=Brett=-

Welcome to the forums!

If upgrading isn't an option, about the best I could suggest would be to browse Zimbra's bugzilla and see if this was an issue that has been resolved. If it has, then there is a possible solution, although it would likely involve you doing programming work.

As for a workaround, all I could recommend is to create accounts from the command line interface. zmprov is the tool, instructions can be found here: Zmprov - Zimbra :: Wiki

You should be able to start typing the name of the domain in that field to pull up results.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    You should be able to start typing the name of the domain in that field to pull up results.
    It will not appear by typing it. If it is in the list past position 50 it will not show up. I tried it and can force it by typing it out but it does not appear.

It seems to me this must be a hard coded limit or something somewhere (I can not locate it) because it come out to exactly 50.... that just happening by chance is unlikely.

-=B=-

It might have been a later release we perfected the search on - even though typing works I assume it's not easy to remember them all

Till you can upgrade simply type this into the main search bar:
    $set:domainsrch 100
    (Or whatever max value you want.)
    That will display them on left tree and in the new account view dropdown, however that's only temporary for the session.

In the code from 4.0 & 4.5:
    Code:
     } else if (argv[0] && argv[0].toLowerCase() == "domainsrch") { 
            ZaDomain.MAXSEARCHRESULTS = argv[1]; 
            alert("Setting domain search limit to:" + argv[1]); 
            this._app.searchDomains(); 
        }
    It is intentionally that way, for instance search results: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...n-console.html

If you're looking for something more permanent - below at own discretion of course:
    Just as that thread deals with RESULTSPERPAGE you want MAXSEARCHRESULTS = "50"; but read that thread to understand you have to update it in more than just BRANCH/ZimbraWebClient/WebRoot/js/zimbraAdmin/config/settings/ZaSettings, on your machine that get's put into /opt/zimbra/conf/tomcat/webroot/zimbraAdmin/js/ZimbraAdmin_all.js > ZimbraAdmin_all_.js.zgz - also probably need to clear tomcat's work folder after you stop zimbra to have it go into effect on next restart.
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-04-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: tomcat in 4.5 - we started calling jetty mailboxd in 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post

Till you can upgrade simply type this into the main search bar:
    $set:domainsrch 100
    That will display them on left tree and in the new account view dropdown, however that's only temporary for the session.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cavediver View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!!!
    Yup it's a handy trick.

If you're not ready for the 5.0.9 jump I'd advise an upgrade to 4.5.11 (Release Notes & Downloads)sometime so you can stay a little more up-to-date. Always make a backup first.
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...html#post62754 so we know what version you're using - often helps us render faster assistance.