Hi,

First I'm new to zimbra and I'm still learningthe ins and outs of the system.

I'm currently in the process of building collaboration suite server with Zimbra-3.0.1_GA_197 on a debian Sarge (3.1) system. I installed Zimbra on a freshly installed and configured system.

I read here that zimbra is using UTF-8 for encoding. But does the system hosting zimbra need to have it's locales set to UTF-8 to? Would it make any difference if I configured my server's local in UTF-8?

I'm asking because I'm having some issues with french language accents. It works fine in emails body and subject but If I attach a file in wich name there is an accent like for example " vendre.txt" the recipient gets instead of the a capital Y with the same accent. It does the same for every accents used in the name of the file attached.

It does that only if a message is sent and receaved using the web interface.

I tryed this on a mac and a PC, since OSX is native utf-8, I thought it would work but no.

Can this be a bug?

I did try to change the server's local to fr_CA_UTF-8 but it did not fix the problem. But this is the reason why I asked if it would be better to use the UTF-8 for the server's locale in the first place.

What do you think?