Thread: [SOLVED] Question regarding charset.

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Question regarding charset.

Hi,

First I'm new to zimbra and I'm still learningthe ins and outs of the system.

I'm currently in the process of building collaboration suite server with Zimbra-3.0.1_GA_197 on a debian Sarge (3.1) system. I installed Zimbra on a freshly installed and configured system.

I read here that zimbra is using UTF-8 for encoding. But does the system hosting zimbra need to have it's locales set to UTF-8 to? Would it make any difference if I configured my server's local in UTF-8?

I'm asking because I'm having some issues with french language accents. It works fine in emails body and subject but If I attach a file in wich name there is an accent like for example " vendre.txt" the recipient gets instead of the a capital Y with the same accent. It does the same for every accents used in the name of the file attached.

It does that only if a message is sent and receaved using the web interface.

I tryed this on a mac and a PC, since OSX is native utf-8, I thought it would work but no.

Can this be a bug?

I did try to change the server's local to fr_CA_UTF-8 but it did not fix the problem. But this is the reason why I asked if it would be better to use the UTF-8 for the server's locale in the first place.

What do you think?

It's a bug:

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6395 (private)

This is fixed in the next release.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Hello Kevin,

I just installed Zimbra 3.1.0_GA_332.DEBIAN3.1 and all is good exept that the bug regarding the accents is still there.

Here is a screenshot of what I get when attaching a file with french accents in it's name.

http://www.ccdmd.qc.ca/zimbra_french...ts_problem.jpg

Look at the line for attachements and you'll see what I'm talking about.

It should show : " lire o l'on veut ou jet.txt" instead of " lire o l'on veut ou jet.txt" like it does now.

I hope this will be fixed soon because it's a problem for me. It might prevent me from deploying zimbra at my work...

Thanx Kevin!

Still running good in Debian 3.1 with 3.1.0_GA_332, hoping there will be a stable release for it soon!

Ok seems your use case is different then. Can you file a new bug with the exact steps and this screen shot? thanks.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Bug 7361 Submitted

Kevin,

I'm trying to login on the bugzilla site but it rejects me. Could my bugzilla account been deleted?

I'd like to some follow up on bug 7361 that I submitted last week.

Thanx!

Default Problems with accents in attached files

I have the same problem with an application java+zimbra+postfix. Did anybody solve it yet?

I just have found problems and questions but no answers.

Thank you very much,

Hector