Thread: Admin 'View Mail' directs to wrong URL

Default Admin 'View Mail' directs to wrong URL

I've just upgraded 5.06 to 5.09

There's a problem with the admin console where users have an email domain that's not the same as the server's.

Most our users have email addresses of the type name@example.com
    admin accounts and spam accounts are accountname@zimbra.example.com

We have a split setup with mail.example.com (a separate box) being the primary mail server. It forwards to zimbra.snp.org for accounts on the zimbra server

Now when I'm logged in to the admin console if I go to view a user's mailbox, I'm directed to https://example.com/service/preauth?authtoken= for accounts @example.com - that url doesn't work. The zimbra box isn't at example.com it's at zimbra.example.com! The links do work for accounts like the admin account @zimbra.example.com

So, it seems, zimbra is basing the URL it directs me to on the email address, which is a tad broken.

Any idea why this has suddenly started happening? Any suggestions as to how I can get the old, working behavior back?

I am having the same problem, except mine is a fresh install of the latest release of commiunity. Anyone can lend a hand on this?

Search bugzilla for bug #31793

I haven't had an opportunity to test this yet. Feel free to try and report back or reopen the bug if necessary.

Default Thank you

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. Got it working. Here is what I did to get it working;

Code:
    zmprov md domain.com zimbraPublicServiceHostname www.domain.com
    zmprov md domain.com zimbraPublicServicePort 8080               
    zmprov md domain.com zimbraPublicServiceProtocol http
    zmmailboxdctl restart
    Once again thank you.
    Last edited by phlunkie; 10-08-2008 at 10:15 AM.

I am trying to do something similar but with multiple servers, on one domain

right now the 'view mail' button redirects to internalname1.domain.com i want it to change it to redirect it to externalname1.domain.com

internalname2.domain.com should go to externalname2.domain.com

since both domain names are the same, I cannot use
    zmprov md domain.com zimbraPublicServiceHostname since that would apply everyone from all of domain.com to go to the same place.

zmprov gad returns just domain.com

The same thing applies for the url that is given when creating a shared calender/mail folder
    can this be done on a server level instead of a domain level?

I hope this is clear enough

Thanks in advance

You can work around this just by creating your internal domain names as third level indipendent domains. Then you can set the right Mailbox URL following the instructions posted by phlunkie.

!. Create third level domain names at example.com (internaldomain1.example.com, internaldomain2.example.com)
    2. Redirect all incoming mails for internaldomain1 and internaldomain2 to example.com (see zimbra catch all system)
    3. Define on internaldomain1 and internaldomain2 their respective Public Service Hostnames
    zmprov md internal1.domain.com zimbraPublicServiceHostname [host].domain.com
    zmprov md internal2.domain.com zimbraPublicServiceHostname [host].domain.com
    Refer to Managing Domains - Zimbra :: Wiki to dig into domain aliasing, catch all, and forwarding system.
    Last edited by Kaleidos; 10-29-2009 at 07:58 AM.